• 27(current)
XBMC Skinning Contest
hey frodo, what's up ?
what have you done with the mod-chips ?
update; i've spoken to frodo again and he "feel deeply embarssed", appologuised and promissed he post them all to me tomorrow!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(wabidwoveren @ oct. 07 2004,23:46 Wrote:you know what would make a good alternate prize... an x3
i'd settle for an ice...
or even one of those led/usb kits......

it wud go real nice with the custom white case i'm making....

:kickass:
i wonder... how will this situation affect future sponsors of similar xbmc events? let's just hope that sponsors keep on helping out and that future events can be managed in a more controlled way. just so that we can keep up the interest and attract even more clever people to contribute.

great news gamester17 (and frodo Wink)

/floink
hopefully it wont affect anything at all, after all, the chips in question was donated to the team a long time ago, just that the team-member who had them, didnt have time? to send them to the still active teammembers.

sad story, but hopefully soon resolved...
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Rainbow 
i got some good news and i have some bad news (well, the bad new is in a way good news for myself but semi-bad news for the winners);
the good news is that frodo sent a mail saying that he did (finally) send of the modchips to me yesterday so they should arrive to my place of work within 2-4 working days (so someone will be there to sign for them even if i'm not there), the bad news for the contest winners is that i have been called back for a second job interview and if my current boss let me have the time off i will be going away (abroad) for it this wednesday and not be back until the night between saturday and sunday, which if so means that i will not actually get the chips until monday next week and that i then can't send them off until thuesday (the 12th of october). so there will be another delay, but small.
well these sounds to me all good news and no bad ones Wink
good luck for your interview!
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
he*l i've been waiting for 5 months... like another extra 4 days or so would make a differnece?

like my non-english speaking sicillian fellow student wrote to me on a note when he was kicked out of school for lieing about knowing the english language: "god luky!" :thumbsup:
so if they were sent on thursday, we should get them on monday? where were they sent from since i'm in the us?
@agentash, sorry but you have missunderstod me; frodo didn't want to sent package and send them induvidualy himself so he has posted them all to me in one package, which i should get tomorrow, monday. i will then need to repackage them all into individual packages and send them away to you all sepratly. sorry for the missunderstanding but i think we were all already very clear on that point.
hi,

no problem. i understood what was going on, but in your last post you said "i then can't send them off until thuesday (the 12th of october)" so that makes it sound like you were going to ship them each out to us by now, but it sounds like you are now sending them next week. it's no problem, but i wanted to be sure i was getting my chip before buying my next xbox and i've got my preordered halo 2 to think about! Wink
Thumbs Up 
fyi, i recieved the chips at work yesterday, i then last night spent just over 4 hours re-packaging them into individually addressed packages,
...and as of 30 minutes ago they are in the mail (spent an hour at the post office, (they even had to stay open for 10 minutes longer :evil: )
since you guys live all over the world they will not arrive at the same time but everyone should hopefully have theirs by this time next week.
ps! they will not go out from my local post-office in scotland until tomorrow. the packages have to signed for by you. postage is our treat.

@agentash, sorry about the confusion, that was my misstake; i of course meant 19th of october, if you re-read my post you understand that

thanks for keeping us posted, and thanks for your hard work
can't wait to finally get rid of my font hack :nuts:
my birthday is in two days, so it's looks like that's my gift from the xbmc team :d
cool! thanks xbmc team!
well thanks to the winners for their patience.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest0