• 6(current)
XBMC Skinning Contest
(gamester17 @ may 15 2004,22:19 Wrote:it's official, the last submission date has been postponed by one month!, final submission date is now 20th of june 2004, hope this is ok :d
maybe the reason for low number of submissions is that people (like me) wait til the last minute to submit just so that thing can be perfected? sure i was up for postponing the last date for submission. but one monthHuh wasn't it one week that was discussed?
does this mean that the date for xbmc 1.0 is postponed too? will developers still focus on bug fixing and not do more feature additions? no ranting intended. it's just that i just spent the last week skinning like crazy and now i read that i could have used that time better... wierd.
Star 
Image Image Image
Image Image

here is my offering so far. i dunno if i am just slow, but its taking me along time to code each page for the skin. silly me. more soon.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
looks really sweet blackbolt... exellent!
thank you, that means alot to me coming from you.

i really look forward to your revolution! Image
revolution!? now now... have you been talking to chokey again? :d
blackbolt, awsome skin!

submition date postponed? i was going to submit my skin tonight. now that i have the extra time, i will do some more testing

one month is way too much in my opinion.

well, i guess i will create another skin.
blackbolt skipped the best part

its full of animations, including the background moving, just like msdash.
Thumbs Down 
my motivation just went to flat zero - in the new cvs the video preview (i use it all the time to watch lower resolution videos) has been removed as poor walk around for the even poorer new video rendering thats messing up everything and the doesnt make the video better at all - i tried to roll back to a version when video was flawless - but this version doesnt have the pal/ntsc calculation fixes. argh!!

also i totally agree with floink. i was working on my skin until the very last minute of the deadline to get it as perfect as possible. thats what good skinners do. they dont release if they still have a couple of days to get the best result. its kinda like ebay - who gives his final bid 6 days b4 the auction runs out??

now that i have another month i may start a new skin - but i wont do any skinning until windowed video is flawless and the video preview is back. i just hate when friends come over here - they know im working on project mayhem every day - then i show them xbmc and its flickering when i minimize the vid (it still does - even tho they say its fixed) and when i stop the vid, i gotta reboot to not have the whole skin f###ed up.

im going back to gaming until i have a better xbmc to work on. no offense to all the devers - but u gotta sort that out.

bah, enough complaining for now.

</choke>

ps: @ wabid do you mean the flickering when u say its full of animations? have you even seen it yet?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

wabid. it looked horrible when finally used. maybe when i can do it better i will change the background to the animated one.

i have learnt so much about xbmc skinning, from knowing nothing. so maybe in the future it will have that background.
i highly doubt that. Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i dont know if its because of interlacing, but when i have a video minimized, the entire skin (default) flickers.
its ever so cracking new mplayer.

here is a peak at my osd! Image
i'm creating a skin for xbmc and i'm having a issue.  i have my control buttons layout above the listcontrol and thumbnailpanel.  unlike all other skins, when the user pushes down, i want the focus to goto the listcontrol or thumbnailpanel.  unfortunatly, i can't get this to work for both cases.  if i set
Quote:<ondown>10</ondown>
it'll only goto the list control.  if i set
Quote:<ondown>11</ondown>
it'll only goto the thumbnailpanel.

in the default skins
Quote:<onright>10</onright>
will move focus to either the listcontrol or thumbnailpanel depending on which is visible.

how do it get it to work for ondown?

also, if you want a little preview of the skin... look at:

http://jvance.com/images/screenshot023.png
i dont' know if this will screw up things in other ways but try changeing the <id>11</id> on <type>thumbnailpanel</type> in references.xml to <id>10</id> that should at least solve your problem. but as i said it might generate others so make sure to test it properly.
/floink
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest0