Dual screen set up
Hey guys,

I got the latest SVN yesterday, compiled without a hiccup... looks fantastic, kudos to the team that's porting it!

I'm having a slight problem getting XBMC to show up on the right screen... I've got two configured in X, and SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD="1" set up in my .bashrc... but for some reason it always shows up on screen 0. Anyone around here experienced this? My first screen is a 1440x900 (VGA) desktop and the other is my HDTV (DVI) 1360x768.

Also, I'm curious if you guys plan to build in some sort of audio mixer?

Keep up the great work.
if anything we should avoid any and all of those nasty audio mixers in a pc (evil analogs on crappy sound cards, or halfbaked sw solutions).

equalizing is a task for proper audio gear
spiff Wrote:if anything we should avoid any and all of those nasty audio mixers in a pc (evil analogs on crappy sound cards, or halfbaked sw solutions).

equalizing is a task for proper audio gear

Agreed. By mixer I certainly don't mean EQ. I guess I am more concerned with how XBMC will deal with things like SPDIF out... Will you just leave it to the host OS, I guess through ALSA? I've got a VIA onboard soundcard and I am having such a pain in the ass with SPDIF output...
SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD is only respected for fullscreen video modes. In windowed mode, it is up to the window manager to decide which screen to place the windows on.

If you are attempting to run fullscreen, try both 0 and 1 to see if there is any difference. Run it like this:

Code:
SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=1 ./XboxMediaCenter -fs
d4rk Wrote:SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD is only respected for fullscreen video modes. In windowed mode, it is up to the window manager to decide which screen to place the windows on.

If you are attempting to run fullscreen, try both 0 and 1 to see if there is any difference. Run it like this:

Code:
SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=1 ./XboxMediaCenter -fs

Mmmkay.

So, here is my setup: Latest Nvidia drivers, two screens 0 & 1. When I attempt to set it to 0 it loads, artifacts show up on my 2nd screen (1) and nothing shows up on screen 0 (i get a black screen).

When I set it to use screen 1, it shows up fullscreen (kinda, it doesn't scale to the entire screen) on screen 0.

I'm sure it's got something to do with my specific setup, and the Nvidia drivers...

I dunno if it makes any difference but I'm using Beryl... I guess I'll keep on testing as the code becomes more stable.
babazoid Wrote:Mmmkay.

So, here is my setup: Latest Nvidia drivers, two screens 0 & 1. When I attempt to set it to 0 it loads, artifacts show up on my 2nd screen (1) and nothing shows up on screen 0 (i get a black screen).

When I set it to use screen 1, it shows up fullscreen (kinda, it doesn't scale to the entire screen) on screen 0.

I'm sure it's got something to do with my specific setup, and the Nvidia drivers...

I dunno if it makes any difference but I'm using Beryl... I guess I'll keep on testing as the code becomes more stable.

Actually... that last post was a bit wrong. I realized that it's Beryl that is screwing up full screen mode. XBMC just doesn't show up at all when I specify -fs on the command line... It's something to do with Beryl for sure.

When I unloaded Beryl and went with the stock Ubuntu wm it showed up again, but no matter what display I specify in my export command it only shows up on the main display. Want me to post my xorg config file?

Here it is incase you are curious: http://pastebin.ca/636336

I had to wrestle with the Nvidia drivers so they would play nicely with both Beryl and my HDTV, so there is a ton of tweaks Smile
Can anyone else confirm that the -fs mode only shows up on display 0?

I have set SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=1, (and =0, =:0.1, =2) to no avail. Just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual screen set up0