Shell Script for copying files from XBMC Source to T3CH
For those of you who like me are too lazy to manually copy XboxMediaCenter and .so files from the source directory to the T3CH directory, here is a shell script to do everything in a single command. It will also rename arial.ttf as well as do the linking of the Scripts file for you.

Copy and Paste the following in a text file e.g. copying.sh and then execute it as "sh copying.sh". Make sure XBMC_SRC is set to the source directory and XBMC_HOME is set to the T3CH root. If XBMC_SRC and XBMC_HOME are not set correctly results are unpredictable.

---------------------------------------------------------
echo Source is $XBMC_SRC
echo Dest is $XBMC_HOME

echo Copying XboxMediaCenter
cp $XBMC_SRC/XboxMediaCenter $XBMC_HOME/XboxMediaCenter

echo Copying .so files under system
curdir=`pwd`
cd $XBMC_SRC/system
tar -cf - `find . -name "*.so" -print` | ( cd $XBMC_HOME/system && tar xBf - )
cd $curdir

echo Renaming arial.ttf to Arial.ttf
mv $XBMC_HOME/media/Fonts/arial.ttf $XBMC_HOME/media/Fonts/Arial.ttf

echo Linking Scripts to scripts
ln -s $XBMC_HOME/scripts $XBMC_HOME/Scripts
------------------------------------------------------------
Very useful, thanks.
there is no need for t3ch build anymore

much better would be a script that copies all needed files to a BUILD folder incl the freshly built executable
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Although there is no need for a T3CH build anymore, a thank you wouldn't be out of place here, so I'm gonna go ahead and give one.

Thank you, ajayv, us lazy buggers really appreciate the script ^^
I agree this is quite useful. It is worth mentioning that there is already a make-build.sh in XBMC file that updates from subversion, builds, and copies.
Pike,

I noticed with interest that you said that we don't need the T3CH build any more.

I did a clean linux build last night and compiled the latest svn and tried to run it from within its folder without any luck ( I did rename the font and scripts folder and the other things normally necessary).

Have you got any advice for how this should be tested? Should I create a new folder and copy over certain things or should it run in situ?

Ta.

4tunesfool
ln -sf userdata UserData
rename arial

off you go
I did find that it still did not show fonts to begin with even though I renamed Arial.

I looked in the default skin (PAL16x9) and it was set to use FrancophilSans.ttf so I downloaded this (rather than change all the entries) and it loaded up brilliantly.

Might be useful to add the FrancophilSans.ttf font to the SVN or change the default XML to make it easier for newbies such as me.

All looks good now. I get the feeling that it is a little bit more unstable than it has been before (building music libs tends to bring a crash on) but the failures are more Linux now than before where XBMC would dump. I'll keep and eye on it and see if I can get anything more clear.

(I got my font from here. http://www.luberth.com/ttf/fontlist.php?...ilSans.ttf)

Cheers

Mike
4tunesfool Wrote:I did find that it still did not show fonts to begin with even though I renamed Arial.

I looked in the default skin (PAL16x9) and it was set to use FrancophilSans.ttf so I downloaded this (rather than change all the entries) and it loaded up brilliantly.

Might be useful to add the FrancophilSans.ttf font to the SVN or change the default XML to make it easier for newbies such as me.

All looks good now. I get the feeling that it is a little bit more unstable than it has been before (building music libs tends to bring a crash on) but the failures are more Linux now than before where XBMC would dump. I'll keep and eye on it and see if I can get anything more clear.

(I got my font from here. http://www.luberth.com/ttf/fontlist.php?...ilSans.ttf)

Cheers

Mike

FrancophilSans.ttf is in the svn its inthe skins font folder to make it work for now you either have to copy it to the main media/Fonts folder or rename
skin/Project Mayhem III/fonts
to
skin/Project Mayhem III/Fonts

XBMC looks for a capital F

Oh and I suggest you use our version its had some custom adds/changes to it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shell Script for copying files from XBMC Source to T3CH0