Update XBMC more speedier!
I used to unpack the XBMC .rar on my PC, then transfer the files over to the Xbox, using the XBMC file manager. The file manager pointing to the network share where the unpacked XBMC was located.

It worked great. The process took quite some time.

Then I tried leaving the .rar on the PC as is, opening the .rar in XMBC file manager instead. Then mark all, copy, are you sure? Yes.

This way of copying takes about two minutes. It is incredibly fast.

Try it.

uwer
will do, but it only takes about 2 minutes over ftp aswell..
i use "ftp surfer" its freeware but it works great!
Thanks for letting me know about the ftp surfer app. I'll look into it.
I'm using filezilla and am quite happy with it.
Before, I was using SmartFTP but that turned bad.

Eenyway, the whole point is that you don't use an FTP client at all but do the whole update process using nothing but your SMB shares an your remote.

I use two directories, xbmc and xbmc0 or xbmc1. When an update comes along, I rename the most current one to xbmc and the older one to xbmc[0|1].

That way, I don't have to move my lazy ass Wink and also have the older build accesible.

uwer
That is a good idea! I've been extracting to my PC HDD, then transferring using flashFXP.

I'd be curious to know though if any of the devs have produced any scripts for making this process happen with a single click or two.
In my experience FlashFXP doesnt cope well when transferring large numbers of very small files and I noticed a marked improvement in the time taken to ftp over an XBMC build when i moved over to FileZilla.
Technically you shouldn't be running xbmc while trying to upgrade xbmc because some files maybe in use (locked) and not get changed

I useally use dvd2xbox with samba and its very quick
Jezz_X Wrote:Technically you shouldn't be running xbmc while trying to upgrade xbmc because some files maybe in use (locked) and not get changed

I useally use dvd2xbox with samba and its very quick

Same Smile Send into temp dir, test make sure everything is ok then some swift renaming and all done Smile
An even easier way that I if your using X2 bios.

- Make two directories DASH1 and DASH2
- Modify the x2config.ini to access the default DASH1/default.xbe and then DASH2/default.xbe.
- Just ftp the the files over to the empty directory then blow away the old one.

I use Ipswitch FTP pro which transfers at very good speeds..

*Job done*
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
I have an X3, and the X3 Bios.
To update XBMC I upload the new one into f:\apps\xbmc-pre2.1-rev#####
so f:\apps\xbmc-pre2.1-rev1333

I use the Team XBMC Shortcut as my 'dash' that sits on c:\, and then i just edit the cfg with the new path and reboot, and presto, new version of XBMC.
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I use XBMC as a dash, so I have the lock problem when updating.
I solve this by starting my XBMC development version from the filemanager. This removes the lock of the 'standard' one so I can replace it.
hold white+y while xbmc starts -> gives you the feh -> update at will
spiff Wrote:hold white+y while xbmc starts -> gives you the feh -> update at will

Now I remember, I used to have a controller for the xbox Laugh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update XBMC more speedier!0