Display & sorting of multi disc albums
I have many double (or more) disc albums in my collection. All of them are tagged with tracknumber and partofset id3v2 tags.

The problem is that XBMC (with the default name-string "%N. %A - %T") only shows the tracknumber in the name and the sorting goes wrong.

An example:

Album: "Tunnel Trance Force Vol 21"
CD1:
01. DJ BoozyWoozy - Party Affair (Rocco Mix)
02. Voodoo & Serano - When I Rock (Original Mix)
03. Starsplash - Free (Club Mix)
04. Kai Tracid - Trance & Acid
05. Dirt Devils - The Drill (Evacuation Mix)
CD2:
01. Luca Antolini - Heat (Original Hardtrance Mix)
02. Zenith - The Music Is Now (Zenith vs Avex Version)
03. X 900 - Viva La Revolution (Club Mix)
04. DJ Dean - Always In My Mind
05. Klubbingman - Open Your Mind (Charly Lownoise Mix)

Sorted by Name:
CD1 and CD2 gets mixed (because the discnumber is missing)

Sorted by Track:
looks wrong because discnumber is missing

Sorted by Album:
is secondary sorted by artist but shows the title first

Adding %S to the name-string ("%S%N. %A - %T") solves the problem, but names like "0104. Kai Tracid - Trance & Acid" looks bad.

Adding %S/ to the name-string ("%S/%N. %A - %T") does not work for titles without discnumber (same problem with the point after %N and titles without tracknumber)

Can you add an special value (like %S or %N) which displays discnumber and tracknumber together?
For example:
No tracknumber: empty String
Only tracknumber: something like "%N. "
tracknumber and cdnumber: something like "%S/%N. "
I'm not an expert on this by any means but have been tweaking my music library tagging based on a similar query recently.
The only way I could see them as being mixed up like that was if the Album tag or AlbumArtirst tag is the same for both CDs in the album.
You need to tag each CD "Tunnel Trance Force Vol 21 CD1" and "Tunnel Trance Force Vol 21 CD2".
navanman Wrote:I'm not an expert on this by any means but have been tweaking my music library tagging based on a similar query recently.
The only way I could see them as being mixed up like that was if the Album tag or AlbumArtirst tag is the same for both CDs in the album.
You need to tag each CD "Tunnel Trance Force Vol 21 CD1" and "Tunnel Trance Force Vol 21 CD2".

That is what i do, but than you have two or more entries for one album in the album list.
Its only a displaying problem, the database supports discnumbers.
So your only problem is you want the disc number shown (yuck!)

Really, the problem is the parsing of the display string when items are missing - I've known about this for some time, but haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Will note it down and take a look when I have some spare time.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

As a quick patch it will be enough to remove all spaces at the beginning of the name string. Then a display string like "%S %N %A - %T" will do the job.
jmarshall Wrote:Will note it down and take a look when I have some spare time.

Found your changes in svn and the new T3CH Smile

Works fine for one [...] tag.
For two or more tags the regexp (in LabelFormatter.cpp:281) should look like this (but i have no build environment yet, so it is untested):

"(^|[^%])\\[(([^%]|%%|%\\])*)%([" MASK_CHARS "])(([^%]|%%|%\\])*)\\]"
It's in a while loop.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:It's in a while loop.

Yes, i know.
But regular expressions will "eat" up as many charakters as possible and so the regexp will find all from the first '[' token to the last ']' token.

With your example [%N. ][%T] - [%A][ (%Y)] the T3CH build from 2007-08-05 shows the following:

Yup, you are correct.

Have added %] to your regexp as well, and it's in SVN now. Seems to work fine for the cases I've tried Wink

Revision 9860 has the changes.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display & sorting of multi disc albums0