• 5(current)
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC
(rtificial @ june 26 2004,12:21 Wrote:i was just wondering what could cause jpg attachements not to be shown...
to be honest the attachment support is pretty simplistic, and i'd imagine it wouldn't take much to break it. for instance, i've only tested it by sending a few images and mp3s from outlook express, so i don't know how it reacts to attachment from other email clients (although they should all be the same really).
if the image is embedded in a html email then it probably wouldn't work, it would need to be a proper attachment. plus, the jpeg would need to have the file extension of either .jpeg or .jpg to be picked up as an image by xbmcmail.

the attachment support was really just something that i tacked on at the end because it seemed easy to add and it was fun to play with, i haven't really used it much myself.
(burriko @ june 26 2004,12:47 Wrote:
(rtificial @ june 26 2004,12:21 Wrote:i was just wondering what could cause jpg attachements not to be shown...
to be honest the attachment support is pretty simplistic, and i'd imagine it wouldn't take much to break it.  for instance, i've only tested it by sending a few images and mp3s from outlook express, so i don't know how it reacts to attachment from other email clients (although they should all be the same really).
if the image is embedded in a html email then it probably wouldn't work, it would need to be a proper attachment.  plus, the jpeg would need to have the file extension of either .jpeg or .jpg to be picked up as an image by xbmcmail.

the attachment support was really just something that i tacked on at the end because it seemed easy to add and it was fun to play with, i haven't really used it much myself.
might the extension be case-sensitive?
(rtificial @ june 27 2004,00:12 Wrote:might the extension be case-sensitive?
yep Smile it's always the simple things.

i've just fixed it, and added a new version to the first post in this thread. i haven't actually tested it cos i'm a little drunk and tired, but it should work fine. let me know if it doesn't.
im getting a 'problem connecting to server' message

i've got the adsl connection shared, so the xbox does connect to the internet as i can view imdb info

so would this be a general error with the e-mail server (web-mania) as opposed to my setup?

anyone else had this error? Confused :help:
(burriko @ june 27 2004,00:35 Wrote:
(rtificial @ june 27 2004,00:12 Wrote:might the extension be case-sensitive?
yep  Smile  it's always the simple things.

i've just fixed it, and added a new version to the first post in this thread.  i haven't actually tested it cos i'm a little drunk and tired, but it should work fine.  let me know if it doesn't.
great! i'll have a look tonight Wink
works like a charm!! how am i supposed to close a attachment i'm viewing though?
(rtificial @ june 28 2004,19:19 Wrote:works like a charm!! how am i supposed to close a attachement i'm viewing though?
i think it's 'menu' on the remote, dunno about the controller.
(burriko @ june 29 2004,09:29 Wrote:
(rtificial @ june 28 2004,19:19 Wrote:works like a charm!! how am i supposed to close a attachment i'm viewing though?
i think it's 'menu' on the remote, dunno about the controller.
well, menu took me back to my home-screen. i was wondering whether i could just close the attachment...
(burriko @ april 16 2004,00:40 Wrote:i don't think there's anything i can do about the character set, but it's something i'll look in to.
have you looked into it?

all my å is =c5 and ä is =c4 etc...

thanks for a great script!
(nufctoon @ june 28 2004,10:34 Wrote:im getting a 'problem connecting to server' message

i've got the adsl connection shared, so the xbox does connect to the internet as i can view imdb info

so would this be a general error with the e-mail server (web-mania) as opposed to my setup?

i was getting the same message but could still listen to web radio.
it was because i haven't got the dns set up in my computers network settings.
in my internet connection settins i found out that im assigned a dns server automatically at login and cant find out what it is so if anyone knows how to find out what it is please post1
there is a way round it though,
1. go to www.dnsstuff.com
2. in the "dns lookup" box type in ur pop3 server like "pop3.supanet.com"
3. get one of the ip addresses and use that as the server name instead of the text name.
i use server = '213.40.66.73' instead of server = 'pop3.supanet.com'
:joker:
(ktd @ july 06 2004,09:11 Wrote:
(burriko @ april 16 2004,00:40 Wrote:i don't think there's anything i can do about the character set, but it's something i'll look in to.
have you looked into it?

all my å is =c5 and ä is =c4 etc...

thanks for a great script!
i have had a quick look, but to be honest i don't really know what i'm looking for. if someone knows what it is then let me know and i'll try and fix it.
(punk @ july 27 2004,12:33 Wrote:it was because i haven't got the dns set up in my computers network settings.
in my internet connection settins i found out that im assigned a dns server automatically at login and cant find out what it is so if anyone knows how to find out what it is please post
type 'ipconfig /all' at a command prompt in windows. unless you're using windows 9x in which case i think you need to type winipcfg or something similar.
:thumbsup: sorted! added the name server and now i can see the x-box scene news scroling, didn't know about that feature! cheers burriko :fixed:
(punk @ july 27 2004,12:33 Wrote:
(nufctoon @ june 28 2004,10:34 Wrote:im getting a 'problem connecting to server' message

i was getting the same message but could still listen to web radio.
it was because i haven't got the dns set up in my computers network settings.
in my internet connection settins i found out that im assigned a dns server automatically at login and cant find out what it is so if anyone knows how to find out what it is please post1
there is a way round it though,
1. go to <a href="[url]www.dnsstuff.com"[/url] target='_blank'>http://www.dnsstuff.com</a>
2. in the "dns lookup" box type in ur pop3 server like "pop3.supanet.com"
3. get one of the ip addresses and use that as the server name instead of the text name.
i use server = '213.40.66.73' instead of server = 'pop3.supanet.com'
:joker:
i'll try that then

only problem i get now is a black screen whenever i attempt to get into the 'my email' section and this freezes up xbmc entirely so i have to switch it off via the power switch Stare
:d

that worked thanks.

finally i can use xbmc mail
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC0