• 4(current)
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC
hi there,

first of all, thankx for this great script...
now i have got a question, can i use the script, including the button also in a different skin?
if yes, maybe there is someone who can explain how i can do this.
i know that i may be asking a bit much, but i am quite a newbie in all this, and i want to learn...

thankx
you can use the script in other skins by launching it from the 'scripts' section, but in order to have a button to launch it you'll either need to create that yourself or ask the person who made the skin to add one.

cheers.
Thumbs Up 
this script works a treat - great work burriko! Smile

p.s has anyone got a png for just the blue globe (seen on the main menu) that i could use...?
this script is great! but i have 2 small problems one is that the date/time is always to close to the my email/weather underneath it. another lil bug i noticed is that hide media extentions doesn't show up in general options
howdy,

i really like this script! it works great for me. i was just wondering if its possible to increase the font size of the emails (both for fullscreen and in the split view)

i assume i would need to edit something in the .py file, but im not sure what to change.

thanks fellas
Sad 
i'm having a problem where i can receive the mail but it will not read it, i'm using the 5/21 build of xbmc along with 0.3b of the script which was working very nicely until recently. i'm also using an ntsc box if that's any help so any help/solution or if you're having the same problem just so that i know i'm not alone would be great.
does it work with yahoo mail? i can get it to tell me how many emails that i have in my mailbox, but it will not download them.

any ideas,
j.
great script!!

would it be difficult to allow for check and read of imap mail?

regards /niclas
sorry i haven't replied to anyone's queries for a while, but i've been busy with a new job.

beelzebub - dunno about the date/time being close to the bunttons, i'm assuming you're using ntsc in which case there isn't much room on the screen to fit everything, try messing with the skin.. the hide media extensions thing definitely has nothing to do with xbmcmail though.

doc101 - yes, you should be able to increase the font size. find the following lines in the script
Quote:self.msgbody = xbmcgui.controltextbox(216, 340, 456, 200, 'font13')
self.fsmsgbody = xbmcgui.controltextbox(60, 50, 600, 500, 'font13')
and change font13 to font14. i'm not sure if you can change it to font15 or higher, that's something for you to try. note that you'll need to change those 2 lines according to what resolution you are using, you'll notice that the script has sections for pal, ntsc, 720p and 1080i.

kinghowdy0 - i haven't noticed that problem, so there's not much i can do really. is it every email or just a few?

tdfsu - it works with any pop3 mail account, i think yahoo is just webmail, so the answer would be no. you could probably get it working with yahoopops if you wanted.

niclas - it's probably not too difficult, but it's not something i'm intending to do at the moment. python does have an imap module if someone wants to try adding imap support.
any chance for the script to check more than one email account in the future?
any chance for the script to be compatible with imap?
(nosaj56 @ may 30 2004,18:15 Wrote:any chance for the script to be compatible with imap?
any chance you read a thread before you post?

quote from niclas two posts ago:
Quote:great script!!

would it be difficult to allow for check and read of imap mail?

regards /niclas

j/k dude Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i am trying to access pop3.zoom.co.uk - but it will not get it!  keep getting 'problem connected to server'!

all other scripts work - i am connected to network - the server is right and my user/pass is right too

any ideas?  please!

btw - zoom is web and pop3 based - does that make a difference?

i have 06-06-04 build
one more things - i am a complete noobie on skinning. can someone make a skin with my tv on it, or tell me how to put it on!!!Huh
hi!

it works like a charm on my own e-mailaccount, and looks great as well.

i was just wondering what could cause jpg attachements not to be shown...

besides that i notice my wife's e-mail got stuck at about 50% of retrieving messages, though it might be a large message...

and ehm, as for the multiple account-checking:

add several copies of this script, add a screen with several button linking to the scripts, et voilá, there is the multi-account support ;-)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC0