Bug Scraper Issue with SMB?
Hi everyone,

I'm running Kodi 15.2 and an encountering an issue when scraping. Currently, the movie scraper gets stuck at 66%. I am unable to exit Kodi; it turns non-responsive on exit. I have to kill the application via the Task Manager. In looking at the logs, I see the following i the log when running the scraper:

18:09:52 T:1436 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.119.140\Music" with username "mediauser" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

and

18:08:41 T:3248 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.119.140\Movies" with username "mediauser" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

Questions/issues:

1. I am able access the media on both of these folders without issue via kodi. It's only the scraper that bugs out.

2. I currently use a different login on windows for the shared folders, which is why it probably says "because of conflict of credential".

3. There is a third folder for TVShows, even though the login and pass are the same in the passwords.xml file as the Movies folder, I never see an error for TVShows.

It seems like the implementation between the scraper and adding sources in regards to SMB is different. Why a credential error when scraping, but not when accessing the media?

Any help would be appreciated. As of now, I can't scrape and have to manually kill Kodi.

Thanks
Not to point out the obvious, but why not change the password required to access Music and Movies to the same as your logon?

You could try completely removing your sources (or editing) and put the access credentials back in to see that fixes the issue.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
If you have already logged in to that network share via Windows, then you will get these errors. As levi.baker88 suggests, just update KODI to use the same credentials for the scrape.

I've sometimes had confusion appear from a Homegroup login on my Win10 KODI box. In those cases I'll use Windows Credential Manager (type "Credential" in the search box). This will let you specify how the PC accesses the network share.
Even better why not connect to the shares in windows and add the drive letters in Kodi, pretty easy and clean way to do it imo; but you should in theory be able to do all this in Kodi.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try to reply to you all.

1. There is a downside to using the drive letters in Kodi. When I first boot up my machine, it takes a few seconds for the network to connect and Windows SMB won't wait for it, which means that the drives are actually disconnected until I try to access them via Windows.

2. I removed all the sources and have restarted KODI. I still get the error message for the Music folder even though the source is not thereHuh I did check the sources to check that the manual smb entry is not in the "Browse for new Share" popup. I didn't remove any of the items though.

21:10:06 T:7204 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.119.140\Music" with username "mediauser" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

** Update: I removed all the entries in the password folder, which did not include an entry for the Music folder, and the error no longer appears.

The issue was resolved by assigning the drive letters in Kodi instead of using Kodi to log into the smb drives directly. Up until recently, I had no idea that the smb logins and passwords were being stored in plaintext, cringe. This is an acceptable workaround, but there still seems to be a bug in KODI with how this is being handled.

Thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper Issue with SMB?0