• 2(current)
Broken XinBox (E-Mail Client for XBMC)
it only sez failed to prepare message when u try sending the file
Hi, question for the Dev. I have a small problem with the Xinbox script.
When i first installed it the app worked Great! I loved it. But after a couple uses it would say "Building Inbox" and freeze...So i tried to re-install it(overwite) and nothing, So i tried to completely erase it, including the files it puts in XBMC/UserData/script_data/XinBox/ to get rid of the settings. and now when i re-installed it i get "Shutting Down Mini Mode" and it freezes...

Am i missing some more of the files that need to be overwritten?
And what might i do to fix this?

Thanx
check for an autoexec.py in q:\\scripts. try renaming that and see if it helps.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
LOL @ the Email Notification folder!!
I wanted to add that mp3 file myself but you allready did it for me! =D
xXUndertowXx Wrote:Hi, question for the Dev. I have a small problem with the Xinbox script.
When i first installed it the app worked Great! I loved it. But after a couple uses it would say "Building Inbox" and freeze...So i tried to re-install it(overwite) and nothing, So i tried to completely erase it, including the files it puts in XBMC/UserData/script_data/XinBox/ to get rid of the settings. and now when i re-installed it i get "Shutting Down Mini Mode" and it freezes...

Am i missing some more of the files that need to be overwritten?
And what might i do to fix this?

Thanx

I have this same problem.

Now i can not use the script adly. It froze about half way through showing me my mail. I had about 300 emails to show so maybe this is why.

Anyone know how to fix this?
dafunks Wrote:I have this same problem.

Now i can not use the script adly. It froze about half way through showing me my mail. I had about 300 emails to show so maybe this is why.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I removed the content in UserData/script_data/XinBox/Accounts/ to get it running again. You van easely add contacts by editing UserData/script_data/XinBox/XinBox_Settings.xml Smile
Yeh, hi all.

I kinda thought this "Closing mini-mode" problem would arrise.
The only way i could think of to do mini-mode was to use skin settings to tell it when mini-mode is running.

Im gonna change this is the near future and hopefully this will fix alot of the issues :-D

PS. click update and get the new 0.95 build , no new cool features but two new languages Finnish and Dutch :-D
But, apart from these problems.

Hows the script going for everyone?

Easy to get the hang of?

Updated:

0.96 released - updated mini-mode.
Whole new way of doing it which will make it faster and much more reliable.
I love the script...other than the few bugs its great.
I can't wait untill the final release is done Laugh

As for the problems i was having, not sure if they are done yetEek

I had to completely re-install xbmc for it to work again. Sadly

But after i did this i chose for mini-mode to not come on at all.
(even tho i like it)

So far no more problems but we will see.

I'll keep you posted.
ok, i just tried the 0.96 build with no luck...As soon as i updated and tried to run it i got the same "Shutting Down Mini-Mode" freeze that i had originaly.
I tried deleting the \\script_data\Xinbox folder with no luck...ahh i should not have turned on the mini-mode.

Good luck with this issue m8, i think it may be a hard one fix, i wish i knew more about scripting...so then i might have at least a small i dea of what was goin on Confused
I wish you could just edit an excisting post Oo

But anywho,
after installing the 0.96 and finally getting it working (without mini-mode).
I now have this problem...make new account log in...works great!
Then when tried to log back in i get "no accounts created"...
When i try to click on "create" it wont let me, meaning nuthin happens.
basically leaving it unable to be used.

Sorry if i am being bothersome, Blushjust trying to be thorough so that you can get a good idea of my issues.
How recent is your version of XBMC?
Oh, and if no-one has discovered yet.

When mini-mode is running and a new email is recieved, a little dialog will pop up. This dialog stays up for 8seconds or until Back is pressed. While this dialog is up, if the white button is pressed, it will take you straight to your inbox :-D
This is my build...XBMC-SVN_2007-07-30_rev9731-T3CH.
Undertow,

try the following. get the latest 0.97 version of script from link on page one if this forum.

Now, delete the following off your xbox.

The entire xbmc/userdata/script_data/Xinbox folder
Delete these two files if they exsists:
xbmc/mmcomu.xib
xbmc/mmrunning.xib
and delete the entire old xinbox folder in your xbmc/scripts dir.

Install new script, set-up all your settings from scratch and see how you go.

If still no luck, them Im not sure what is happning for you, it works for me + beta testers :-(

Realjobe:

The codish subject has been pointed out, tried tonight to decode it, but it proved much harder than de-coding the body of an email (stupid I know)
So, not much i can do till i figure it out :-D

Cheers,
Stanley87
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XinBox (E-Mail Client for XBMC)0