VMGL (OpenGL Hardware 3D Acceleration for Virtual Machines)
Lightbulb 
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~andreslc/xen-gl/

That seems interesting to me, might be handy for people who don't want to run ubuntu while wanting to use XBMC.
Maybe someone can do a lil work with this,
hope it delivers something ^^
I love you!
KodeK,
I would like for you to make more useful posts,
and that is for the rest of the posters aswell (I know I aint staff, but it seems like you don't even listen to them :X)

and I don't think VMGL will be all THAT useful, because it requires a Linux Host
and why run XBMC in a VM when you're already running Linux...

Anyway, the devs might come up with a good use, who knows,
they do alot of crazy stuff Big Grin
Pardon me for showing how I feel towards such useful information. I was browsing the forums using a tablet pc and I found that. I found it so interesting that I made an effort to log in and post a comment. It probably took me 5 whole minutes to do that having to write, correct my handwriting, etc, yet you're asking me to post more more insightful comments.

It's the thought that counts :-)
I looked at this a few months ago. It's usless as it doesn't support some openGL 2.0 functions that are used.

EDIT:
some = many
althekiller Wrote:It's usless as it doesn't support some openGL 2.0 functions that are used
How many / which exacly? ...and remember that we are talking about usefullness for developers and not end-users of XBMC
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Capabilites

Roughly speaking, OpenGL up to version 1.5 is supported (sorry, no 2.0 shading languages,) with the following exceptions:

* OpenGL 1.2 imaging functions related to histogram, min/max, convolution and colortables (like you really needed them...)
* Display lists aren't fully conformant: GL_COMPILE_AND_EXECUTE mode may not work reliably, specifically if there is a glGet* call between glNewList and glEndList which gets state that was set by a previous command compiled/executed inside the display list.

Roughly speaking (deja vu) GLX version 1.3 is supported, with the following exceptions:

* glXCopyContext
* glXCreateGLXPixmap
* glXDestroyGLXPixmap
* glXWaitGL
* glXWaitX
* None of the GLX 1.3 functions related to Pbuffers or visual configs are implemented.

Seems my memory didn't serve me too well. But still, seems too limited for usage here.
So you have not tested it yourself then? I meant for you to list things in XBMC that due not work due to OpenGL 2.0 requirements, ...you see I asked the XBMC Linux developers and if you do not count the visualizations/screensavers then it is not that many functions/features in XBMC that require OpenGL 2.0 so OpenGL 1.5 alone will get you a long way, (and when XBMC a require OpenGL 2.0 function it will fall back to software for that function if no hardware support exist).

So it is not useless.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'll try to get it installed tomorrow. I never played with it because I didn't have full opengl on my host machine until nvidia's latest drivers came out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VMGL (OpenGL Hardware 3D Acceleration for Virtual Machines)0