Send Messages to the Display via WebInterface.
I know this sounds a bit far fetched, but I know that in HttpApi there is a command / action with what I can send a visible message to the XBMC, so that the message is shown on display for a certain period of time.

Is it possible to ADD to Web intercafe a button and a textBox and TimeOnDisplayInSeconds selection, so that user can type a free massage to text textbox, select the time (5 sec eg) and then press "Show message" buttonpress?

With this technology I could send a messages to by Boy who is wathing movies back home from XBMC's webInterface..

It could also be fun to see what movie is now showing..
Smile
Sending a message from the web interface is something I was hoping for, it would be a cool feature.

as for the what is playing now via the web interface, it's already there. Just open up your web interface and in the bar at the bottom, click on Info (the Blue button with an "i" on it) and then click on MediaInfo, it will open a new window that will be refresh every few seconds, showing the filename and current position in that file.

Pretty usefull to monitor what the kids are watching Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

You can send messages via the notification built in command - see the online manual.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jes, well, eh..

[url]http://xbox/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=Notification(Here is you message")[/url]

But the point being userFriendly UI for this feature.. That was the point.
I bevieve nit is merely a .asp hack..

Sure I will build PHP WML script for my mobile Web, so that I can send messages to my XBMC from china...

Smile
It would be sweet to be able to have a Microsoft IM plug-in that sent msgs to XBMC... maybe something that you could select which contacts to send through, and which to ignore. Never miss a msg from a friend!

even beyond that... SMS TXT messaging from XBMC... text your buddy while watching a movie!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send Messages to the Display via WebInterface.0