EDL (and ComSkip) integration
No idea - try it in regular mplayer Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How do I add a 'buttonhandler'?
Say I want to add a 'skip to next cutpoint/scene' button, and use it to seek to the next/previous cutpoint/scene marker?

I have code ready to generate the correct seek position.
first, define the appropriate action. then map it in keymap. finally handle the action in OnAction() whereever you want it (most like CGUIWindowFullscreen).

actions are defined in guilib/Key.h

ButtonTranslator.cpp maps it to a 'human' name which you use in keymap.xml
spiff Wrote:first, define the appropriate action. then map it in keymap. finally handle the action in OnAction() whereever you want it (most like CGUIWindowFullscreen).

actions are defined in guilib/Key.h

ButtonTranslator.cpp maps it to a 'human' name which you use in keymap.xml

Okay, but how does for example <skipminus>SkipPrevious</skipminus>
map to an action in key.h?
ButtonTranslator.cpp does that.

Another option is just re-using the "Next Chapter/Previous Chapter" actions that already exist (in the DVD player). You'd have to implement an OnAction() in mplayer I think to do this.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Next problem:

I'm trying to debug seeking in a movie using xbmc_pc.
I see the time running of the movie I'm trying to play, but the buttons I defined are not handled by CGUIWindowFullScreen somehow.
Is another class handling these buttons, since the movie is not really playing?
The next/previous chapter seeking is done by the DVDPlayer, which should be working on XBMC_PC, at least for some videos.

If it's not, you can make a quick change to PlayerCoreFactory.cpp to make sure it's being used.

If a video is playing the action gets sent to the player first for processing (so it can do dvd menu stuff for instance) and only if not handled (returns false) drops back to CGUIWindowFullScreen.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:The next/previous chapter seeking is done by the DVDPlayer, which should be working on XBMC_PC, at least for some videos.

If it's not, you can make a quick change to PlayerCoreFactory.cpp to make sure it's being used.

If a video is playing the action gets sent to the player first for processing (so it can do dvd menu stuff for instance) and only if not handled (returns false) drops back to CGUIWindowFullScreen.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm working on EDL integration with MPlayer, or in XBMC_PC, Dummyvideoplayer. I can see the correct keycodes in the debugscreen, but the OnAction in Dummyvideoplayer is not triggered somehow.
Not sure I can give you any hints, other than to dump a breakpoint in CGUIWindowFullScreen::OnAction() and checking that it goes into that function. Work your way back to CApplication::OnKey() until you find the issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Not sure I can give you any hints, other than to dump a breakpoint in CGUIWindowFullScreen::OnAction() and checking that it goes into that function. Work your way back to CApplication::OnKey() until you find the issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok, I'll try that.
jmarshall Wrote:Not sure I can give you any hints, other than to dump a breakpoint in CGUIWindowFullScreen::OnAction() and checking that it goes into that function. Work your way back to CApplication::OnKey() until you find the issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Video is not fullscreen in dummyvideoplayer, so I'm stuck in CGUIWindowVideoFiles. I see render code in dummyvideoplayer, but it's not used.
Why is this?
because it's not fullscreen?

Tab toggles to fullscreen IIRC.

jmarshall Wrote:because it's not fullscreen?

Tab toggles to fullscreen IIRC.

Ah, that simple!
I expected 'full screen' video by default.
Yeah - the dummy video player is more "dummy" than video player, so the fullscreen switch doesn't happen by default for the basic reason that I've been too lazy to look into it!

When using EDL, standard seeking can give a problem when the seek target is inside a cutpoint. When seeking backward inside a cutpoint, mplayer will jump forward again.

I wrote a seek compensator, but I don't know how to interpret the following code:

Code:
//If current time isn't bound by the total time,
    //we have to seek using absolute percentage instead
    if( GetTime() > iTime * 1000 )
    {
      SeekPercentage(GetPercentage()+percent);
    }

Is it possible not to know the total movie time? Of won't this situation occur for normal movies?
(I must admit I didn't know about percentage seeking. As long as I know of I'm seeking in seconds. Blush)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDL (and ComSkip) integration0