Linux build.sh script
i can build with the noupdate, but that wasn't the point now.

althekiller Wrote:It's exiting for a reason...svn doesn't seem to be returning 0 for you. Run "svn up" on it's own and try to figure out the problem. You should be able to build with the NOUPDATE option in the meantime.
I don't know what you expect me to do if you aren't going listen to my suggestions or provide more information. You are the only one to have this problem so it is something with your setup.
althekiller Wrote:I don't know what you expect me to do if you aren't going listen to my suggestions or provide more information. You are the only one to have this problem so it is something with your setup.

huh?
what i was saying was that when i run the script to update and install, it updates and then exit, if i run it again it install, i can do a svn up before i run, but whats the point of the script then when it should do svn up for me and install?!

i did show u an exactly output of what was happening, so i don't really understand what u are talking about.

and how do u know i'm the only one with this problem?
i got this same problem in archlinux, gentoo, slackware and cygwin on 4 different computers, with a lot different setup and configuration.
There is no real support for XBMC/linux, it's still in alpha and the developers are not actively assisting endusers yet. If you're looking to run XBMC/linux fulltime and you're not very comfortable with coding yourself, I strongly suggest running the official development platform-- ubuntu 7.10 32bit.
rodalpho Wrote:There is no real support for XBMC/linux, it's still in alpha and the developers are not actively assisting endusers yet. If you're looking to run XBMC/linux fulltime and you're not very comfortable with coding yourself, I strongly suggest running the official development platform-- ubuntu 7.10 32bit.

i was just asking and maybe it was a simple problem to solve or something, now it works for me again, but don't really know how.
The code in question is

CORES=$(grep "processor" /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l)

which would give incorrect info regarding the cpus, for example if the "model name" contains the key word "processor", like the case of appletv.

Sample output of appletv's /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 13
model name : Genuine Intel® processor 1.00GHz
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 600.000
cache size : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up bts est tm2
bogomips : 1201.30
clflush size : 64

Solutions:

CORES=$(grep ^processor /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l)

One more thing about the script is that sometimes it needs too much end-user attention. It will be a good idea to add a "-y" switch to auto answer all the questions.
submitted two patches to sourceforge

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840
Has anyone successfully run this in Ubuntu64 7.10 gutsy?
malmis Wrote:i got this same problem in archlinux, gentoo, slackware and cygwin on 4 different computers, with a lot different setup and configuration.

Funny as it was developed on gentoo...anyway this is getting us nowhere. I'm going to add the patches that have been posted recently and make a flag that doesn't suppress any output. I'll need you to run with this flag and http://www.pastebin.ca the output.

s7mx1 Wrote:One more thing about the script is that sometimes it needs too much end-user attention. It will be a good idea to add a "-y" switch to auto answer all the questions.

I think you're looking for the "CONFIRM" option. --help was added to be read...
I'll add your other patches though, thanks.

gzusrawx Wrote:Has anyone successfully run this in Ubuntu64 7.10 gutsy?

The linuxport as a whole doesn't support 64bit so no attempt has been made to get build.sh to work with it yet.

UPDATE: Ok, updates sent to pike. Should be in svn when he wakes up.
althekiller Wrote:I think you're looking for the "CONFIRM" option. --help was added to be read...
I'll add your other patches though, thanks.

Thanks.

One thing I noticed about Changelog.py is that if you run it at a location other than the XBMC source folder it will complain about

svn: '.' is not a working copy

since the svn wasn't provided the svn root folder.

Here is my patch for Changelog.py

--- Changelog.py.back 2008-01-04 09:24:00.000000000 +0000
+++ Changelog.py 2008-01-04 10:04:19.000000000 +0000
@@ -74,7 +74,7 @@
output.write(s)
sys.exit()

-svncmd = "svn log --xml -r %s:HEAD" % (lastrev)
+svncmd = "svn log --xml -r %s:HEAD %s" % (lastrev,dir)
newlog = os.popen(svncmd)

newlogdoc = newlog.read()

althekiller, do you mind submitting that patch as well? Thank you all for your great efforts.

The build script from now on will be executed at 6 pm every day on my machine. Good luck to me! Smile
Changelog.py was tossed together in a few minutes just to get changelog in linux, I've been meaning to rework it for awhile now.
I was using an older version of XBMC Linux.. i figured it would be best to start fresh versus trying to upgrade. I deleted my original folder and made a new one. Downloaded the latest svn did the apt-get line and tried build.sh got errors. tried sudo got the same errors.

tony@tony-laptop:~/XBMC$ sudo ./build.sh
There is really no reason to run this as root or with sudo.
Run anyway? (y/n) : y
Local source revision : 11345
Repository revision : 11345
Your source is up to date.
Configuring build.
./build.sh: line 176: ./configure: Permission denied
Configuring build.
./build.sh: line 176: ./configure: Permission denied
Cleaning source directory.
Compiling source.
Detected 2 procs/cores, using -j2
make: Entering directory `/home/tony/XBMC'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/home/tony/XBMC'
Generating Changelog.txt
./build.sh: line 500: ./tools/Changelog/Changelog.py: Permission denied
Backing up old ./BUILD to ./BUILD.bak.
Removing old ./BUILD.bak first.
Creating ./BUILD.
Copying xbmc-xrandr
FAILED! Exiting.
tony@tony-laptop:~/XBMC$

please anyone, i am somewhat failure with the command line.
i meant familiar with the linux command line interface.
Run "ls -l configure" from your source tree". Output should look similar to

Code:
nelson11@farnsworth ~/code/XBMC $ ls -l configure
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nelson11 users 343968 Jan  6 15:51 configure

if the permissions are not -rwxr-xr-x, run "chmod 755 configure" and all should be well.
Thank you... its compiling..... much love.. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux build.sh script1