Linux build.sh script
For some reason I was losing my Lircmap.xml every time I used build.sh and it looks like the script doesn't copy it back from the backup properly because it is looking for UserData.bak not userdata.bak. I can just modify userdata and it will copy them over but I think this is the desired behavior
Code:
Index: build.sh
===================================================================
--- build.sh    (revision 13746)
+++ build.sh    (working copy)
@@ -318,13 +318,13 @@
       done
     elif [[ "$I" == "userdata" ]]
     then
-      if [[ -e "$BACKUPDIR/UserData" ]]
+      if [[ -e "$BACKUPDIR/userdata" ]]
       then
         if (( VERBOSE ))
         then
-          cp -vrf "$BACKUPDIR/UserData" "$BUILDDIR"
+          cp -vrf "$BACKUPDIR/userdata" "$BUILDDIR"
         else
-          cp -rf "$BACKUPDIR/UserData" "$BUILDDIR" &> /dev/null
+          cp -rf "$BACKUPDIR/userdata" "$BUILDDIR" &> /dev/null
         fi
       else
         if (( VERBOSE ))
It is pretty changing 6 letters so I didn't see a need to create a patch entry for it on sourceforge, I hope you don't mind. If it is doing the desired behavior then just call me stupid and ignore me. Thanks for the awesome build script in any case!
First off thanks very much for build.sh. It is my preferred way of building and have used it since it was first included.

The last day or two I have not been able to successfully build SVN with it.
It keeps bombing out with

Code:
checking for main in -ljasper... (cached) no
configure: error: == Could not find a required library. Please see README.linux

I have read the readme and cut/paste the apt-get line.

I can build manually using make and I am using Ubuntu 8.04

Thanks again
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
This has nothing to do with build.sh. The fact that the result is cached is curious, try deleting config.cache if it exists. Otherwise it is pretty obvious you're missing libjasper-dev and need to pay a little closer attention to what you're doing than simply C&P the apt line.
I had the same problem and was caused by config.cache
Thanks, deleting config.cache fixed it.
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
would someone please fix build.sh?
it's still pointing to the rarred web files, but they are zips now, so it ends with error when copying skin
screw build.sh
Is that the official answer, then? Build.sh is being removed/deprecated and we should all use make install?
As a temporary fix, you can do this while you're waiting for build.sh to be patched.

Code:
sudo apt-get install rar
cd /path/to/xbmcsvn/web
unzip -d Project_Mayhem_III_webserver_v1.0 Project_Mayhem_III_webserver_v1.0.zip
rar a Project_Mayem_III_webserver_v1.0.rar Project_Mayhem_III_webserver_v1.0
*Typo in Mayem is on purpose.

Then run build.sh again.

Cheers,
xgrep
return null;
Oh it's easy enough to fix or to to use make install. But if build.sh is being desupported it would be nice to get a heads-up.
It's fixed. build.sh may see a complete change in style soon. Completely depends on my ambition.
Just updated, got the new Build.sh, and it seems to have worked. When I use Make Install I notice that many of my movie covers are lost. <shrug> The Build script has been working for me well for awhile now honestly.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
If you switch to using "make install" you'll need to manually copy your userdata folder from BUILD to ~/.xbmc/ to preserve settings/thumbs/db/etc.
Ah okay, thanks! However the Build script just ran through fine and I'm a happy camper Smile web thing was driving me NUTZ. (lol)
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux build.sh script1