• 3(current)
Release Last Viewed/Played - List of the last movies, episodes and music played
(2016-07-14, 01:16)rodrigl Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 22:56)Lunatixz Wrote: ahh... I didn't see the two builds.

Playlist parsing is relatively easy, the amount of code is minimal.... If you want I can help out, let me know...

I'm convinced! Smile So the ideia is catching what is being played (which i am already doing) and storing that on a playlist, Which will need to get trimmed once in a while...

I am catching the player start event, and then getting the title with player.gettitle(). Once in a while it returns nothing.
Do you have any ideia how to get around this?

I'm reviewing your code (repo clean version) beside plugin support was there anything you couldn't access via json?

The final goal is? a plugin that acts like a history log? creating list items for played, in-progress media? anything else?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
If I dont finish to view a movie or episode, I will want to continue watching it the next time I get back to Kodi.

A last played list is a convenient and quick way to do it, because I can replay it from the list.

For library items, we can easily get from json the last played items.

Non library items (streaming etc) are inserted on the files table when played, but there is no json entry to get to them, This is the only thing I'm missing in json.
I saw a few forum threads.with the same need but no solution.
(this is kilimanjaro, I've finally gotten my old account back lol)
Hey rodrigl I havent tried your new version (believe me I really want to!)
anyway just a few suggestions I've been thinking about

1/now that you can list movie names, could you not use numbering or make that optional, reason being is theres an addon, super favourites
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662

this has a feature, iSearch that lets you search for anything that kodi has highlighted through other addons. So once a url no longer works you can easily search the movie through other addons. (I highly recommend you trying out super favourites if you have not already)

2/ a cleaner look to your menu system (IMO)

Library All
Library Movies
Library TV Shows
Library ....
Addons All
Youtube
Iplayer
Addon X
Addon Y
Addon Z

when clicking on an addon last view, I thought it redundant to keep saying "Last" instead keeping it short and compact.
Addons All is basically what your calling "Others" right now

then the rest is just the list in "others"all seperated into individual addon follders, so if I watched something in youtube, a folder will be placed in the home page of "Last Viewed" and the contents listed from newest first, you did mention that you've tried to sort by addons but it wasnt playing nice, maybe now that you have more metadata you are able to now? I would love if your addon worked like I've explained or close to it.

3/ have a way to ignore/blacklist addons and have these ignored addons in your settings, where you have a choice to unblacklist

there are some addons like youtube that you wont necessarily want to view the contents, or even adult addons etc
If you was able to list your home page like 2/ then I can see a scenerio that one just uses context menu over an addon , e.g youtube and have an option

"Ignore Last Viewed YouTube"
something like that.

once in the ignore list users can unignore through settings if they so wish

4/ your capturing url's but is it possible to capture not just the url but the location of the url in the addon, so if a url is outdated you can right click and
"activate through addon"
and the addon will look for a new url
have no idea if you can do this

I have another quirky idea
right click an item and
"stick item at top"

if you have something in last viewed that you intend to watch, but not right away and dont want to loose the url then this is a neat way to have that visible at the forefront

maybe have a setting in your addon that specifies the time the addon will be placed at the top and after that time it goes down the list like other urls?

thats it lol, if the suggesions any good feel free to incorporate them anyway you want, keep up the good work! I'm sure once people see the potential this addon will be in eevry kodi users install!
(2016-07-14, 14:49)MediaPi Wrote: (this is kilimanjaro, I've finally gotten my old account back lol)
Hey rodrigl I havent tried your new version (believe me I really want to!)
anyway just a few suggestions I've been thinking about

1/now that you can list movie names, could you not use numbering or make that optional, reason being is theres an addon, super favourites
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662

this has a feature, iSearch that lets you search for anything that kodi has highlighted through other addons. So once a url no longer works you can easily search the movie through other addons. (I highly recommend you trying out super favourites if you have not already)

2/ a cleaner look to your menu system (IMO)

Library All
Library Movies
Library TV Shows
Library ....
Addons All
Youtube
Iplayer
Addon X
Addon Y
Addon Z

when clicking on an addon last view, I thought it redundant to keep saying "Last" instead keeping it short and compact.
Addons All is basically what your calling "Others" right now

then the rest is just the list in "others"all seperated into individual addon follders, so if I watched something in youtube, a folder will be placed in the home page of "Last Viewed" and the contents listed from newest first, you did mention that you've tried to sort by addons but it wasnt playing nice, maybe now that you have more metadata you are able to now? I would love if your addon worked like I've explained or close to it.

3/ have a way to ignore/blacklist addons and have these ignored addons in your settings, where you have a choice to unblacklist

there are some addons like youtube that you wont necessarily want to view the contents, or even adult addons etc
If you was able to list your home page like 2/ then I can see a scenerio that one just uses context menu over an addon , e.g youtube and have an option

"Ignore Last Viewed YouTube"
something like that.

once in the ignore list users can unignore through settings if they so wish

4/ your capturing url's but is it possible to capture not just the url but the location of the url in the addon, so if a url is outdated you can right click and
"activate through addon"
and the addon will look for a new url
have no idea if you can do this

I have another quirky idea
right click an item and
"stick item at top"

if you have something in last viewed that you intend to watch, but not right away and dont want to loose the url then this is a neat way to have that visible at the forefront

maybe have a setting in your addon that specifies the time the addon will be placed at the top and after that time it goes down the list like other urls?

thats it lol, if the suggesions any good feel free to incorporate them anyway you want, keep up the good work! I'm sure once people see the potential this addon will be in eevry kodi users install!

Hi killimanjaro, good to have new ideas and suggestions!

1. will definitely be useful. I also saw something that allowed to choose the addon where to play the link, not sure yet about the best way to get it done

3.On the top to do list there is something you suggested some time ago. To be able to remove items from the list, using the context menu
this will address also this point, so i'll start there

2 and 4, will get done only if the addons "behave" well. Addons come and go, they are always changing.
That is why i dont want to make this with code specific to addon x or y. That would break this addon each time they change, and force me to make constant changes just to keep it working.
So if an addon pass info to kodi in a normal standard way, I will use it. If they start to make strange things their own way, I'll not follow that.
im happy to pore out suggestions lol

for 1/ theres also this addon meta video player
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263065

this can be combined in iSearch in Super Favourites to be able to search via external addons.
fyi iSearch has a feature that ignore anything that is in beackets, so in theory you could have numbers in brackets?

I had another idea if you wasn't able to sort by addons is it possible to be able to right click an item and
"colour items from this addon"

and then be able to chose a colour in dialogue

then all items in "others" list will be that colour, makes it easier to see, just a thought.
also I was thinking of a "refresh list" at the top of "others" menu so if a user wanted to place in favourites they could have it refreshed easily, maybe have that as an option in settings to see the "refresh"

I'm just excited for this addon, keep up the good work Smile
(2016-07-14, 02:24)rodrigl Wrote: If I dont finish to view a movie or episode, I will want to continue watching it the next time I get back to Kodi.

A last played list is a convenient and quick way to do it, because I can replay it from the list.

For library items, we can easily get from json the last played items.

Non library items (streaming etc) are inserted on the files table when played, but there is no json entry to get to them, This is the only thing I'm missing in json.
I saw a few forum threads.with the same need but no solution.

Not sure how to get around the plugin issue... only watch flagging I know of for plugins is metahandler...

I'll look into it... see if we can find a repo safe alternative.... If you ever need my help, hit me up @Lunatixz on github

Keep up the great work Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-07-14, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote: Not sure how to get around the plugin issue... only watch flagging I know of for plugins is metahandler...

I'll look into it... see if we can find a repo safe alternative.... If you ever need my help, hit me up @Lunatixz on github

Keep up the great work Smile

Thanks Lunatix! I ended saving the history in a small text file on the addon data directory and removing all the DB access.
I didnt see anything forbifding this so it should be safe.

Now what I'm trying to find out is which addon gave the instruction to play the file.
As the player object doesnt seem to have that info, I'm gonna look for something like a program stack or queue. No luck so far.
(2016-07-14, 15:34)MediaPi Wrote: im happy to pore out suggestions lol

this can be combined in iSearch in Super Favourites to be able to search via external addons.
fyi iSearch has a feature that ignore anything that is in beackets, so in theory you could have numbers in brackets?

Hi MediaPi (now Smile

I just finished a new version. Now it gets the title and poster pretty much every time.
Also we can now remove from the list movies we dont want, using the context menu.

Now what I'll try to do is to separate them by addon (maybe as an option) and I'll those super favourites.

Thanks!
Hi rodrigl

Please excuse me for not testing your addon, I've only got access to internet at local library now for next month. I still interested in your development of this addon so thanks for updates Smile

(2016-07-16, 11:23)rodrigl Wrote: I just finished a new version. Now it gets the title and poster pretty much every time.

Excellent, do you also get the small thumbnails?

(2016-07-16, 11:23)rodrigl Wrote: Now what I'll try to do is to separate them by addon (maybe as an option)

referring back to number 2 on post 33
I think the user design I suggested (once you are able to manage sort by addon) will be a an optimal way users are able to navigate the addon. having separate folders means user can see more of the last viewed items inside each folder and have a better route to get their information in their mind better, which will imo help with using the addon, but I look forward to how you implement it Smile

Also I really think organizing by addon will interest heavily users that primarily will use streaming addons to use "last Viewed".

(2016-07-16, 11:23)rodrigl Wrote: and I'll those super favourites

I should have explained better about super favorites.
You will not need to do anything. Super Favorites, once installed has an option "enable global context menu" in settings.
this means instead of default kodi context menu you will have a different one with different options (you will still be able to get to kodi context menu by pressing context menu key again or theres an option at the bottom to get there)

In this Super Favorites context menu you will have an option " Search using iSearch" (something like that)
then super favorites addon will use the search term it was focused on and show you a list of addons that you can use to search that term, simple and amazing Big Grin
the beauty is it can also return back to your addon by pressing back. Also once you install Super Favorites, you can organise your iSearch addons and the one at top will have come up in Super Favorites context menu as an option (on top of "Search by iSearch" you will have "Search in Addon x")

thats where meta video addon came in handy
once installed you install "meta players" the official ones you will see in the forum thread. This will come up in Super Favourites iSearch items and you place this at top and meta video addon will search all the addons and return a result for you.

Tl-DR as long as you just display the title of the movie you will not need to do any more coding and you are able to search other addons through Super Favourites (if the url has expired in Last viewed)

lastly do you have a repo that users can install? so we get automatic updates?
Thanks for your continued support Smile
rodrigl this addon is basically similar to the history feature of a browser
as such I wanted to see what features we can take from say the chrome history feature
what do you think about this

you've already got delete items single items how about have an option
"clear Last Viewed" as an option and then when users click that they have options

past hour
past day
past week
past 4 weeks
beginning of time

maybe the past hour part will be the most useful?
(2016-07-16, 11:23)rodrigl Wrote:

Hi MediaPi (now Smile

I just finished a new version. Now it gets the title and poster pretty much every time.
Also we can now remove from the list movies we dont want, using the context menu.

Now what I'll try to do is to separate them by addon (maybe as an option) and I'll those super favourites.

Thanks!

Hi, I just installed this from your first post zip file. Not sure I got the right one? I don't use libraries on my kodi. I'm not seeing anything show up in recently watched, however, I only played two episodes for about 30 seconds. Do I have to play it to the very end for it to recognize it?

Thanks for your work. I've been looking for something like this.
(2016-07-19, 14:57)Axxel6307 Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 11:23)rodrigl Wrote:

Hi MediaPi (now Smile

Thanks!

Hi, I just installed this from your first post zip file. Not sure I got the right one? I don't use libraries on my kodi. I'm not seeing anything show up in recently watched, however, I only played two episodes for about 30 seconds. Do I have to play it to the very end for it to recognize it?

As soon as the video plays, it should show up.
which addon was you using and try a few other addons, to see if its working at all, I got it working with iplayer
also a log would be helpful if its still not working
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2016-07-19, 15:59)MediaPi Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 14:57)Axxel6307 Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 11:23)rodrigl Wrote: Hi MediaPi (now Smile

Thanks!

As soon as the video plays, it should show up.
which addon was you using and try a few other addons, to see if its working at all, I got it working with iplayer
also a log would be helpful if its still not working
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

I've used 3 popular addons that I am unable to name, and it worked with none of them. I'll try to upload a log sometime this week. Is it supposed to popup when you load kodi or do you need to manually load the addon each time to see what's recently played? I've been going into it, and it's blank.
**EDIT: My bad, it's showing up in "last played" rather than "last episodes". Thanks again!
(2016-07-16, 13:20)MediaPi Wrote: I should have explained better about super favorites.
You will not need to do anything. Super Favorites, once installed has an option "enable global context menu" in settings.

Tl-DR as long as you just display the title of the movie you will not need to do any more coding and you are able to search other addons through Super Favourites (if the url has expired in Last viewed)

lastly do you have a repo that users can install? so we get automatic updates?
Thanks for your continued support Smile

Those are best ones, when I dont need to do anythinh on my side Smile

I'm still doing lots of improvements to the addon, when stable (maybe next week) I'll starting looking for repos.
(I found a way to split the movies by addon)
(2016-07-19, 20:34)Axxel6307 Wrote: I've used 3 popular addons that I am unable to name, and it worked with none of them. I'll try to upload a log sometime this week. Is it supposed to popup when you load kodi or do you need to manually load the addon each time to see what's recently played? I've been going into it, and it's blank.
**EDIT: My bad, it's showing up in "last played" rather than "last episodes". Thanks again!

Because of kodi rules i had two versions. The first one did not show stuff from addons, only from library items.

Now that I resolved the 'rules' issues, I have only one version, which is on the first post. Please make sure you are using this latest version.
Everything you play using addons (not library movies/episodes) will show on the last menu option "Last from addons"

In the next couple of days, I'll release an update thet will allow to split by the addon you used to play it.
From my tests it worked with all the addons I tried, even if you play it for a short period of time. When you go back it will resume from that point.

If there is an addon that doesnt show, please send me a PM

Thanks for the feedback!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last Viewed/Played - List of the last movies, episodes and music played5