• 5(current)
AEON [BACKPACK] (formerly "Xephyr"): Backdrop Release Thread
anoobie Wrote:So I tested out this skin and so far so great. I like how the background randomly changes every now and then. The one thing thats lacking in this skin is the limited view modes. I think this skin could be better if there were more view types. Can you please incorporate that one view type where the screen is completely filled with dvd posters like the one in slate. BTW, does this random background feature work for other skins too or just for this skin? Thanks for the skin.

If you read through the forum that you found the skin in there are mods that add more views to the skin plus there's also details of the views and changes that djh is planning to make to the skin in the (hopefully near) future
NotShorty Wrote:Sorry for the rapidshare... is there an easier free way to do this?

Maybe Blackmarket can integrate ways to upload bmps for Xephyr. You would then also be able to have a script to preview and download the wallpapers you want.

otherwise i could make a script for letretplats website if he is willing and he decides to collect all the bmps separately on his site.
anoobie Wrote:So I tested out this skin and so far so great. I like how the background randomly changes every now and then. The one thing thats lacking in this skin is the limited view modes. I think this skin could be better if there were more view types. Can you please incorporate that one view type where the screen is completely filled with dvd posters like the one in slate. BTW, does this random background feature work for other skins too or just for this skin? Thanks for the skin.
mod v7 is pretty dang good...
Why is it when I try and download these it stops at 1.25megs. Everytime. Server problems. I have tried it on 3 computers now. Same on all. Huh?
aka013 Wrote:Why is it when I try and download these it stops at 1.25megs. Everytime. Server problems. I have tried it on 3 computers now. Same on all. Huh?
Works fine for me from here. Perhaps it's your router?
I'm having a pretty minor problem. When I scroll left to right on the main home screen the background image doesn't change it stay the same. I Think it happened when I upgraded to V7. I've already assigned folders to to TV, Movie, Clips etc so can rule that out. Any idea's ?
szsori Wrote:Works fine for me from here. Perhaps it's your router?

I have tried it on two different networks not a router problem.Blush
aka013 Wrote:Why is it when I try and download these it stops at 1.25megs. Everytime. Server problems. I have tried it on 3 computers now. Same on all. Huh?
Get a usb drive, download at a public library or something. Sorry bro, you have an issue that none of us have...
My standard-def backgrounds if anyone wants them Smile
http://www.box.net/shared/cslyj9lq5a
A page with my personal favs if anyone wants.

http://www.gahlon.se/xephyr/
Sodapop666 Wrote:A page with my personal favs if anyone wants.

http://www.gahlon.se/xephyr/

Got a few. Tackar! Smile
I've tweaked Xephyr for widescreen 480p (don't have a 720p capable tv), but now I'm wondering if I need the 1280x720 backgrounds or if I'm just wasting memory. Does anyone know what the optimal image size would be for 480p? Thanks. (NodLove this skin and all the great backgrounds available.)
lovin these Wink

Why is backpack four (on the image) called backpack three on the download - typo or am I missing a backpack ? Shocked
Smile 
kjheu Wrote:I've tweaked Xephyr for widescreen 480p (don't have a 720p capable tv).
Please submit those 480p XML files as a patch to djh_ (the author of the Xephyr skin) so that he can maybe someday include those as 480p support in his official releases, ...it could lead to more people enjoying this wonderfull looking skin.

kjheu Wrote:...but now I'm wondering if I need the 1280x720 backgrounds or if I'm just wasting memory. Does anyone know what the optimal image size would be for 480p?
1280x720 backgrounds should be fine even under 480p (as long as it is a 16:9 widescreen display). Otherwise you might want to try with 720x480 anamorphic (meaning that the pixels are not square), I believe the vertical should be streatched to about 576 pixels on the screen, ...so if you could use standard 720x576 non-anamorphic pictures and XBMC will scale those for you (that way those same pictures can be used under PAL and NTSC just as well), or you can take a 720x576 picture and shrink the vertical to 480 pixels (but then those pictures can only be used on NTSC displayes).

I think that the best option is just to use the existing 1280x720 (720p) backgrounds Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Right all - call me dim but where is the download link for backpack4 - Ive got the first three and see a new one which i cant seem to get my hands on - Apologies and feel free to hurl abuse if it is a stupid question!!

This skin is fantastic and has replaced all others as the only skin I use now well done to all those invovled..

Shane
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [BACKPACK] (formerly "Xephyr"): Backdrop Release Thread1