Developing MeD's Movie Manager interface to XBMC - assistance is needed
Been looking at SQLite. All I can find is how to cross compile it on Linux?

Why does it have to be in an DLL as opposed to the way it currently is (which is what?).

What kind of setup will I need to compile it? Will I need all of XBMC compilable in order to do this?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
For Win32, you'll need to compile it with the solution file in SVN (docs/ folder).

You'll either need to compile it as a DLL (possibly won't work, depending on whether it uses stuff like string internally, as our DLL loader doesn't support a lot of template stuff) or change the filesystem layer in it to use XBMC's filesystem (including CFile etc. as necessary) and building as a .lib as it is now.

You may need all of XBMC compilable (for win32 is fine) to do it, yes. For win32, you require the DirectX SDK and visual studio .net 2003. This is probably the preferred method.

For xbox you require the XDK (and VS.net 2003).

Ofcourse, if you are on linux, you can use the linuxport branch and hope that someone kind will port it back to xbox/win32 for you.

As I say, this may or may not be a simple exercise - I haven't really looked into it - I'm just the ideas man here :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

phunkyfish, on behalf of our forum let me apologize. we use a solution to catch spammers and when someone is below 10 posts, they are in the dangerzone of getting caught automatically. we also relaxed the rules slightly.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

pike Wrote:phunkyfish, on behalf of our forum let me apologize. we use a solution to catch spammers and when someone is below 10 posts, they are in the dangerzone of getting caught automatically. we also relaxed the rules slightly.

No worries! I think it's better you catch the spammers!
Ok, I have one more question. You are able to edit your XBMC databases on a PC. But you need the XBMC specific "sqlite.dll"(http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...base-files).
Now, if I use the Java SQLite wrapper with this I should be able to create a servlet which accesses an XBMC SQLite DB. But if you already have an SQLite DLL could we not just use this?

Oh, are there schemas/layout descriptions for XBMC's database's? Or do I just use the DB as a template. It would be nice if there was some way in which I could stay up to date with DB changes so the servlet won't break everytime the DB changes. Or does it change very often?

"Idea man" jobs are the BOMB Rofl
You no longer need the XBMC specific sqlite.dll. Just a regular SQLite v3 dll will do the trick for reading stuff on the PC.

It won't (most likely) be loadable from XBMC's DllLoader, but I don't really know as I've never tried. See some of the (many) dll interface files (eg DllImageLib.h) and see if you can get the sqlite dll to load and do something useful. If you can, then that's definitely the way to go.

I'll fix up the manual.

DB doesn't really change that often as far as layout goes.

Do I have to use version 5849 of the XDK? Or can I use 5933?

Can't get a copy of 5849 anywhere... Hoping the manual hasn't been updated on that front eitherBig Grin
5933 is fine.

I highly recommend you testing on the win32 version though - it's a much less painful experience (way quicker to debug when it's on the local machine than over the network).

With that said, however, debugging over the network using the XDK is remarkably good, assuming you aren't using wireless.

Hang on. So I can run XBMC on a PC? I thought that was just an emulator for Python scriptsHuh

I think the learning curve is getting steeper...

I can't find a page on running XBMC on a PC? Is there one or am I getting myself mixed up?
Sorry I meant to say "find a page on building and running XBMC on a PC".

Cheers for all the hand holding!
1. Grab SVN.

2. Open Tools/Win32.

3. Edit run_me_first.bat to suit your paths (if necessary).

4. Open the XBMC_PC.sln up and away you go.

You (just) need the DirectX SDK installed - anything from summer 2004 update and above should work fine.

Most things work, and it's what I use for development 99% of the time.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Cool, that makes things a whole lot easier. I'll give a last tomorrow when the SVN checkout is complete... And thanks...
I have this months DirectX SDK. I'll post again tommorow if (when!) I have any problems...
Wink 
FYI; more on XBMC_PC (XBMC for Windows/Win32): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23235

PS! Feel free to add a article to the XBMC wiki manual on HOW-TO: Compile XBMC for Win32 from source code
Gamester17 Wrote:FYI; more on XBMC_PC (XBMC for Windows/Win32): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23235

PS! Feel free to add a article to the XBMC wiki manual on HOW-TO: Compile XBMC for Win32 from source code

Will do! It'll be the end of the week before I'll have a copy of Visual Studio. As I have never used Visual Studio I'll write some wiki pages on various tasks I come across, this should give a total NOOB perspective on compiling/writing stuff for XBMC win32...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Developing MeD's Movie Manager interface to XBMC - assistance is needed1