• 3(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows)
agathorn Wrote:it would be nice if your app could let them choose sd/hd. Then other skins could do the same if they so choose.

EDIT: I see that your app allows the user of "scripts" to customize skins. Would it be possible for me to create a script that would allow a user to select which build they want?

This is precisely what I want to do but it is impossible with 0.51. That I purposed by renaming one directory to BUILD is only temporary until an update (I'll try to do it this week end : I'm too busy this week Sad)
Ok I have updated the build process of Fusion.

It now creates a BUILD directory like standard, that contains the graphics for SD televisions (NTSC and PAL). It also still creates the BUILD_720 directory containing the graphics for 720p televisions.

This should allow it to work properly with this program.

I've also created a usercustom.xml file for XBMC Skin Manager, as specified in the docs that will allow you to select "720p content" in the skin customizations tab. This should upload the 720p media.

All of this is untested however because I can't get XBMC skin Manager to work properly Sad It just keeps saying:

Connecting...
FTP connection succeeded
Unable to locate XBMC
Great ! I've added this script to the self-updated xml file so now Fusion building works fine for both SD and 720p with Fusion rev 1215+ and config.xml v21+.
I've updated the Fusion's build.bat file too : textures.xpr was still located on BUILD_SD.

Quote:All of this is untested however because I can't get XBMC skin Manager to work properly It just keeps saying:

Connecting...
FTP connection succeeded
Unable to locate XBMC
Stange... Can you tell me what you put on XBMC directory field ?
For locate XBMC, the program tests for 'default.xbe', 'skin', 'scripts' and 'web' in given directory.

I'll update XBMCSM to include a true folder choosing for update data, with support of several building directories and not necessarily named "BUILD" before put it on SVN tree.
juju0 Wrote:Great ! I've added this script to the self-updated xml file so no Fusion building works fine for both SD and 720p with Fusion rev 1215+ and config.xml v21+.
I've updated the Fusion's build.bat file too : textures.xpr was still located on BUILD_SD.

Doh! Missed that I guess. Thanks!

Quote:Stange... Can you tell me what you put on XBMC directory field ?
For locate XBMC, the program tests for 'default.xbe', 'skin', 'scripts' and 'web' in given directory.

I'll update XBMCSM to include a true folder choosing for update data, with support of several building directories and not necessarily named "BUILD" before put it on SVN tree.

My path is: "E/apps/XBMC"

Thanks for indicating what is was looking for. It works now. I use my own SVN build of XBMC not T3CH so I didin't have a "web" directory. Once I added that it worked.
As a skin developer, would there be any chance of your app supporting redirects when it comes to downloading HTTP skins?

Certainly not critical but if it isn't too much work (and unless you rolled your own file transfer code i'd be willing to bet the libraries you use support it) it would be great. Then I could have the download link go to a PHP script which did whatever I needed based on factors, such as logging the download and ensuring the latest and most correct file was served, and then do an HTTP redirect to the correct file.
agathorn Wrote:As a skin developer, would there be any chance of your app supporting redirects when it comes to downloading HTTP skins?

Certainly not critical but if it isn't too much work (and unless you rolled your own file transfer code i'd be willing to bet the libraries you use support it) it would be great. Then I could have the download link go to a PHP script which did whatever I needed based on factors, such as logging the download and ensuring the latest and most correct file was served, and then do an HTTP redirect to the correct file.
Honestly, I don't have many skills in networks, HTTP requests, etc. Tell me what you PHP script will do exactly and I'll see what I can do. Actually, XBMCSM use urllib2.urlopen() function for downloading files which normally handle HTTP redirections.

About putting XBMCSM on XBMC skinning repository, it will take some time for two reasons :
  • The code is VERY poor (I started to write it when I was a beginner). I've started a big code cleanup practically from scratch.
  • The software needs a little update : it lists all folders from SVN repository, so if I put XBMCSM in the repository, it will be listed in skins list. I will include a blacklist for items which don't have to appear.
But 0.51 source code is available at http://xbmcsm.dyndns.org
juju0 Wrote:Honestly, I don't have many skills in networks, HTTP requests, etc. Tell me what you PHP script will do exactly and I'll see what I can do. Actually, XBMCSM use urllib2.urlopen() function for downloading files which normally handle HTTP redirections.

XBMCSM might indeed work then. It might just be your website doesn't allow the entry of the PHP file? I don't speak French but when I tried to put an URL to a PHP file in the download string I got this error:

Le lien de téléchargement est inacessible
Retour à l'édition du skin
agathorn Wrote:XBMCSM might indeed work then. It might just be your website doesn't allow the entry of the PHP file? I don't speak French but when I tried to put an URL to a PHP file in the download string I got this error:

Le lien de téléchargement est inacessible
Retour à l'édition du skin

I see : when you submit a ddl link, the URL is tested by a PHP function to avoid errors, but apparently the redirections are not supported. I've not written the function which handle this, as I said previously : I'm unfamiliar with HTTP requests...
Thanks very much for this excellent program i use it to download the skins,scripts,plugins and xbmc source by editing the config.xml

Thanks Again
Version 0.6 is released. As you can see in chagelog, it's a complete code rewriting but there is no big change nor new feature.

To skins creators : the config.xml file has changed and new customisations are available. The web editor has been modified and works too but it's not completely finished : be careful when you edit your skin ! (doc has been updated too)

enjoy !
Thanks
awesome , thanx for another great release! :]
Thanks juju0
Do you think that you may add support for uploading to XBMC Linux?
bionic1234 Wrote:Thanks juju0
Do you think that you may add support for uploading to XBMC Linux?

Yes! it's already on todo list. But I will be very busy until my exams were finished so I can't work on this now Sad
Little website update:
One of new features in 0.6 was stats : each time you download a skin, it's anonymously logged. So I've done a little stats page, I'll may complete it later (doing stats in SQL is pretty hardcore Rofl).

I'm glad to see that more than 700 skins were downloaded since release Cool
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows)1