• 2(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows)
Gamester17 Wrote:Can you not just start by adding all the skins from the SVN of the XBMC Skinning Project?

Actually, there is already a SVN client included for skins from XBMC Skinning Project since the version 0.2.
I said that for other skins (downloaded via HTTP links). My bad, it wasn't very clear.
Excellent job on this application. I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to add a button into your app that can be configured to send an FTP command to cycle XBMC to another skin or reset the GUI skin setting back to Project Mayhem III? I thought this may be ideal in case a skin is installed thats not compatible with a persons XBMC build. For instance, if a skin is not compatible, and has broken navigation or missing fonts, it could be hard to switch back to a working skin from the GUI.

Theres an HTTP command that can cycle skin themes which is something similar to what I'm suggesting, though I feel an FTP command would be more suitable, since the web server is off by default.

If this is possible I think it would make a great fail-safe.

Thanks again for this app.
xboxbox451 Wrote:Excellent job on this application. I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to add a button into your app that can be configured to send an FTP command to cycle XBMC to another skin or reset the GUI skin setting back to Project Mayhem III? I thought this may be ideal in case a skin is installed thats not compatible with a persons XBMC build. For instance, if a skin is not compatible, and has broken navigation or missing fonts, it could be hard to switch back to a working skin from the GUI.

Theres an HTTP command that can cycle skin themes which is something similar to what I'm suggesting, though I feel an FTP command would be more suitable, since the web server is off by default.

If this is possible I think it would make a great fail-safe.

Thanks again for this app.

Yes, it's a good idea but, I'm may be wrong but there is no HTTP,FTP or built-in function for change skin (or I've not seen it). The only way I see for distant reset skin settings : delete "UserData\guisetting.xml" then restart XBMC, it's easy to implement with an FTP command.

And for program freezes while operations, I've finally find a way to keep a responsive GUI by using delayedresult functions of WxPython.

I'll try to update this ASAP.
I checked the current available FTP commands LINK, and it looks like the closest commands to achieve switching skins is maybe by sending a site activatewindow command to ensure the appearance window is active, then using a site action select command to send a command to cycle the skin setting in that window. Though I'm not sure if thats even possible. I tried the site activatewindow 10019 command, and that works fine for activating the appearance window, though I'm not quite sure how the site action select command works.

If the above is possible, then it would work with most builds of XBMC. If not, maybe a request to the devs to see if its possible to add an FTP command to cycle skins. I know their busy with other development, but its worth a shot, particularly for your app since it truly allows others to easily find all skins and add them to their builds.
just want to report this error;
Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 460, in __bootstrap
File "threading.pyc", line 440, in run
File "svn.pyc", line 82, in download
ClientError: REPORT request failed on '/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/!svn/vcc/default'
REPORT of '/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: Secure connection truncated (https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net)

was downloading and extracting xtv, vision and clarity.
coastal Wrote:just want to report this error;
Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 460, in __bootstrap
File "threading.pyc", line 440, in run
File "svn.pyc", line 82, in download
ClientError: REPORT request failed on '/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/!svn/vcc/default'
REPORT of '/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: Secure connection truncated (https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net)
was downloading and extracting xtv, vision and clarity.

Hello coastal, I don't have any problem with SVN updates. Have you retried this later (it's maybe a temporary problem with SVN server)? Is it the first time you using the application (maybe a network problem)?

About resetting XBMC skin settings, I've finally chosen to download locally UserData\guisetting.xml for modify the section 'lookandfeel' (which contains skin settings) and re-upload it on xbox. It's more complex but it works on any dashboard.
Version 0.51 released !
Changelog:
  • No more freezes while operations
  • Distant resetting XBMC Skin settings (for incompatible skins)
  • .BAT files with arguments supported
  • Fixed : bug at xml update : the file were downloaded every time
  • Fixed : bug at unbuilded skin uploading
  • Changed : if the Internet connection test is succeed but not the SVN one, only SVN skins are concerned
  • Updated WxPython to 2.8.6.1 Unicode
  • Updated PySVN to 1.5.2 (SVN v1.4.5)

Actually, there is a problem with new Basics-101 building system but it will be fixed soon.
It would be nice, if the skins could be downloaded from XBMC. If you are sitting in front of the Xbox, you wouldn´t have to turn on the PC to try new skins Wink

Then you would need an option to delete skin-directorys, but not PM3.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Solo0815 Wrote:It would be nice, if the skins could be downloaded from XBMC. If you are sitting in front of the Xbox, you wouldn´t have to turn on the PC to try new skins Wink

Then you would need an option to delete skin-directorys, but not PM3.

Sorry for my slow answer, I was very busy.
Porting XBMCSM to XBMC is impossible for SVN skins because :
  • it use pySVN library which is not ported to XBMC python lib
  • BAT files are not callable on XBMC
  • xbmctex (used to build XPR files) doesn't exist on XBMC
But it possible (and easy since XBMCSM is written in Python) for skins downloaded from HTTP.

About HTTP skins, actually I have PMed several skins creators but only Mntz (author of Vinci) answered me and most of skins doesn't handle any readme file about copyright so can I put them anyway on XBMCSM ? (hosted by myself since most of them are hosted on non-hotlinkable hosts)
great app .. thank you.
the new skin fusion that has been added to the SVN can't be built using 0.51 .. it has 2 choices during the install ..

any update coming, i love this app :]
hicaow Wrote:the new skin fusion that has been added to the SVN can't be built using 0.51 .. it has 2 choices during the install ..

any update coming, i love this app :]

I'm the author of Fusion. I wasn't even aware of this app until now. I'll take a look at it and see if there is anything I need to do on the Fusion side.
Hi,
the problem (tested with rev 1189) it not building but two directories are created ("BUILD_SD" and "BUILD_720p") and no customization can deal with it actually. I'll update that ASAP.

@agathorn : the most simple at this time is to rename one of the folders in "BUILD".
juju0 Wrote:Hi,
the problem (tested with rev 1189) it not building but two directories are created ("BUILD_SD" and "BUILD_720p") and no customization can deal with it actually. I'll update that ASAP.

@agathorn : the most simple at this time is to rename one of the folders in "BUILD".

I see what is going on now, and it makes sense that your app would just look for the BUILD directory.

Problem is Fusion is designed to create separate builds for SD/HD to save space on the end user side (No sense having all the HD stuff if you are running in SD).

I guess I can output a standard BUILD directory that combines both, but it would be nice if your app could let them choose sd/hd. Then other skins could do the same if they so choose.

EDIT: I see that your app allows the user of "scripts" to customize skins. Would it be possible for me to create a script that would allow a user to select which build they want?
Note that the skin "Back-Row" has also been added to the SVN, see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31580

Great to see more skinner join the same project Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows)1