• 5(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows)
can someone point me in the right direction to download V0.7

the website dosent seem to be hosting it as far as i can see theres only V0.61
There is no way to download 0.7 except SVN.
If you're on Windows, running source is quite difficult sine you must install all dependencies by hand.
If you're on Linux, install instructions are already detailed on previous posts.

But since no bugs has been signaled, I will do the final 0.7 release for Windows (.exe) very soon.
cheers for the responce. thought it was me missing something.

ill wait until you finalize a exe for downoad
It's there ! Version 0.7 is available for Windows !
No changes for SVN users (just a little Windows only fix).
Changelog :
  • Linux port
  • Support for local XBMC installations
  • The main window and changelog dialog can be vertically scrolled
  • Some bugfixes

Go here for download !
awsome, downloading now

cheers for all the hard work
Will PM3.HD be added soon?
Why ? PM3.HD is in XBMC trunk and distributed with binary versions.
what's that got to do with the skin manager??
Hey guys. I'm running Vista 32 and the Skin Manager 0.7.

Everything seems to be working ok until it hit the building skin part of the process. The Status just says "waiting" and the cmd prompts never pop up with the skin builds.

Any ideas or anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance.
i to have noticed this problem suddenly pop up with 0.7 however i used to be able to build even with this version. must be a vista update that has altered something.

the only workaround for now is to open the skin directory and manually click the build.bat file.
I keep getting the following message when trying to upload a skin:
"XMBC is current Dashboard
It appears that XBMC is your current dashboard.
It is very disadvised to update skins under these circumstances.
Especially if you try to update your current skin.
Do you want to continue anyway?"

I am new to XBMC and didn't want to mess anything up so I figured I would ask what I need to do to resolve this problem.

-d
its not a problem just a warning. if you do not want this warning message to appear start up a different dashboard with ftp feature on your xbox, ie (evo-x or avalaunch) and try again.

i just make sure i swith to a different skin in xbmc before uploading, theres never been any problems.
rudeboyx Wrote:its not a problem just a warning. if you do not want this warning message to appear start up a different dashboard with ftp feature on your xbox, ie (evo-x or avalaunch) and try again.

i just make sure i swith to a different skin in xbmc before uploading, theres never been any problems.
Oh so I need to download and upload a different dashboard onto my Xbox and use that while adding skins to XBMC?

-d
wilydodger Wrote:Hey guys. I'm running Vista 32 and the Skin Manager 0.7.

Everything seems to be working ok until it hit the building skin part of the process. The Status just says "waiting" and the cmd prompts never pop up with the skin builds.

Any ideas or anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance.

No idea... It's may be the skin you try to build doesn't have a build file (Build.bat on Windows).
Try to launch the soft in debug mode, il will display some extra informations. You have to put -d as argument by launching the program with command line or you can create a shortcut for "xbmcsm.exe", go to shortcut proprieties and add -d at the end of target.

idrive Wrote:Oh so I need to download and upload a different dashboard onto my Xbox and use that while adding skins to XBMC?

-d
No, like rudeboyx says, this just tell that if you try to overwrite the skin which is currently used by XBMC, it will cause errors because you can't delete it (the skin is completely deleted and then the new version is uploaded). But, if the current XBMC skin is not overwritten, there is no problem.
Morning!

I seem to be having a problem with the linux svn version. First here are some details

wyild1@:~/XBMC Skin ManagerSVN$ sudo apt-get install python-wxgtk2.8 python-svn unrar
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-wxgtk2.8 is already the newest version.
python-svn is already the newest version.
unrar is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
wyild1@:~/XBMC Skin ManagerSVN$

I cannot get any SVN skins. The area is completely blank. I tested the program out on my work laptop running Mandriva 2009 32bit and i had to install pysvn not python-svn and had no issues.

Any thoughts?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows)1