• 6(current)
Vinci skin
I know the skin was developed for 720p, but I am running it on Linux in 1008p. The fonts were pretty darn small.

I then copied the Font.xml from the 720p directory into the 1080i directory and that helped quite a bit.

Just in case anybody else is running > 720p.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Mntz Wrote:Update is online.
Coverflow is based on the one in Basics-Vision so thanks Jezz_X Smile
No Problem I thought it looked familiar Smile glad it could help you
I'm loving the new update. Have a few comments though. In the Video Library (I noticed this in Coverflow view) the name of the movie in the lower left section of the screen is gray and does not have enough contrast from the grayish textured background for it to be seen clearly. You can see what I mean from one of your screenshots Image

Also, I'm on a mac and the Font used for the Time in the lower right doesn't show up. It just displays a blank white box. It also does this on the top center of the screen where the section name is supposed to be displayed. Not sure if this is just a mac related issue or what. Anyway, keep up the great work.
Looks great! I can't wait for the new t3ch update to check out the fanart now Smile
I love this theme with the fanart! I have a couple questions though. Is there any way to have the movie description displayed at the bottom of this view?

Also, If I press the white button while watching a movie the "info" pops up for half a second and then disappears. Any idea why this would happen?
SMcnally are your tv episodes playing when the view is set to fan art? For me, when the view is set to fan art, if I select an episode to watch (which is stored in multiple rar archives) the xbox will hang and I have to reboot. Some times it'll complain about having too many failed entries in the playlist.

I'm not sure if this is related to the coding of the skin or an issue with the XBMC app itself. I'm running the latest t3ch release.

Any ideas anyone?
platanito21 Wrote:Also, I'm on a mac and the Font used for the Time in the lower right doesn't show up. It just displays a blank white box. It also does this on the top center of the screen where the section name is supposed to be displayed. Not sure if this is just a mac related issue or what. Anyway, keep up the great work.
I'm not sure why this happens. On my older laptop with ati firegl videocard i had the same problem, on my htpc with nvidia 7150 the clock displays fine.

smcnally75 Wrote:I love this theme with the fanart! I have a couple questions though. Is there any way to have the movie description displayed at the bottom of this view?
Also, If I press the white button while watching a movie the "info" pops up for half a second and then disappears. Any idea why this would happen?
Ah i forgot to implement the movie description with most of the older views, something for a next update.
The infoscreen works ok in linux, don't have an xbox anymore. But i'll check the xml.
bugme Wrote:SMcnally are your tv episodes playing when the view is set to fan art? For me, when the view is set to fan art, if I select an episode to watch (which is stored in multiple rar archives) the xbox will hang and I have to reboot. Some times it'll complain about having too many failed entries in the playlist.

I'm not sure if this is related to the coding of the skin or an issue with the XBMC app itself. I'm running the latest t3ch release.

Any ideas anyone?

I didn't play any shows yet since the update. I'll try it tonight and let you know.

Mntz Wrote:Ah i forgot to implement the movie description with most of the older views, something for a next update.
The infoscreen works ok in linux, don't have an xbox anymore. But i'll check the xml.
Cool, thanks Smile
Mntz Wrote:I'm not sure why this happens. On my older laptop with ati firegl videocard i had the same problem, on my htpc with nvidia 7150 the clock displays fine.

I just tested it on my mac pro at work and it displays fine so maybe its an issue with the mac mini's (it has an intel GMA950 integrated graphic card).
bugme Wrote:SMcnally are your tv episodes playing when the view is set to fan art? For me, when the view is set to fan art, if I select an episode to watch (which is stored in multiple rar archives) the xbox will hang and I have to reboot. Some times it'll complain about having too many failed entries in the playlist.

Any ideas anyone?

Interesting...I just tested this and out of three TV shows (Greys Anatomy, ER, and NCIS) all work fine except for NCIS. When I pick an episode from NCIS it just hangs.
Actually, I just noticed something. All my NCIS episodes are in .avi format and all the others are in .iso format. I'm willing to bet that has something to do with the issue.
Mntz - any chance of a version with black (or just dark brown) text in the upper area instead of white? This skin is beautiful and the only thing holding me back from using it is that it's too hard to read stuff.
a few questions:

1. Is there a way to change the text color for the movie title, or episode title in the grey area. its impossible for me to see.

2. i cant read the text cause its too tiny on my screen (1080P). Is there a way to increase text sizes?

3. lastly...is there any way i can get rid of the flower things on side...and just make the top section a solid orange sheet?
szsori Wrote:Mntz - any chance of a version with black (or just dark brown) text in the upper area instead of white? This skin is beautiful and the only thing holding me back from using it is that it's too hard to read stuff.
I'll do some testing with other textcolors but it looks fine on my television atm. Most TV's look much too bright/vivid out of the box. Smile

benderbends Wrote:a few questions:
1. Is there a way to change the text color for the movie title, or episode title in the grey area. its impossible for me to see.
2. i cant read the text cause its too tiny on my screen (1080P). Is there a way to increase text sizes?
3. lastly...is there any way i can get rid of the flower things on side...and just make the top section a solid orange sheet?
The idea was to keep it barely readable since most of the time the movie title is in the cover and the episode title is highlighted as your choice. Maybe i'll change it in the next update.
At the moment there is no way to increase text fontsize unless you alter Font.xml.
The flowers can't be removed maybe i'll make an option in a skinsettingpage but this will only effect the flowers on the Fanart page.
thanks for the help...

btw....no offense, cause i think you did a fantab job on this theme...but i wanted to make it more minimal.....thats why i want to remove the flower pattern on sides, and remove the images that appear on home screen list when item is highlighted. where are the images?....cause i only see .xml files in the theme folder.

i think a nice clean orange sheet, with the nice stone grey texture on bottom would make a beautiful contrast.

also....i noticed that my clock is screwy on bottom....the minutes appear in correct location, but the hour and : symbol appear higher up between the disc and power buttons.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vinci skin3