[RELEASE] EasyNews Streamer (Script)
Hi, all... I just want to say that this was my first script ever. I also, always use the DVD remote so adding the trigger thing was just an after thought. The reason NOT to show the thumb next to the results is that of speed and size. Speed with regards to getting the results and size in that it be too small to be useful. I prefer to see the thumbnails in full screen.

I can change the buttons around for those using a controller... any suggestions?
Well I use whatever is closest to me remote or controller and it doesn't really matter to me but maybe a preview window that would load the thumb when you selected it, or use the white button. I was also wondering how you were coming on the multipart downloading because as it stands I can't watch anything without it buffering at least 20 times in the tv show/movie and i've already optimized my route as best as i can, and I have a 5mb connection. btw thank you very much for this script and I also had an Idea, what do you think of using an indexing site like v3.newzbin.com to allow you to look through categories like genres and titles and then use the name as a search in easynews? It would make it more like VOD. thanks again.
bortoni Wrote:Hi, all... I just want to say that this was my first script ever. I also, always use the DVD remote so adding the trigger thing was just an after thought. The reason NOT to show the thumb next to the results is that of speed and size. Speed with regards to getting the results and size in that it be too small to be useful. I prefer to see the thumbnails in full screen.

I can change the buttons around for those using a controller... any suggestions?
gzusrawx Wrote:Well I use whatever is closest to me remote or controller and it doesn't really matter to me but maybe a preview window that would load the thumb when you selected it, or use the white button. I was also wondering how you were coming on the multipart downloading because as it stands I can't watch anything without it buffering at least 20 times in the tv show/movie and i've already optimized my route as best as i can, and I have a 5mb connection. btw thank you very much for this script and I also had an Idea, what do you think of using an indexing site like v3.newzbin.com to allow you to look through categories like genres and titles and then use the name as a search in easynews? It would make it more like VOD. thanks again.

I agree Newzbin would be amazing to use with this. It is much more easy to read the file names and also get things from other newsgroups that may not be in this script yet.

I think maybe the white button to get thumbs?

WOuld it be easy to make a download button? Maybe Black?
How's the progress on this? Still alive? Why would you choose EasyNews? It's $10.00/month for only 20GB's, there's far better Usenet providers out there! I'd love to see this integrated with v3.newzbin.com so you could use any provider you wanted, plus the ability to browse categories through genre's etc! Were so close I can almost taste it!
im guessing this is dead? Shame... Sad was hoping for the updates in the readme.
I've been using the script for ages now and I love it. Just upgraded to the new tech release and am getting this error now.

Quote:0:11:05 M: 35000320 INFO: Loading skin includes from Q:\scripts\EasyNews Streamer\resources\skins\DefaultSkin\includes.xml
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO: Error loading includes.xml file (Q:\scripts\EasyNews Streamer\resources\skins\DefaultSkin\includes.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO: Traceback (most recent call last):
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO: File "Q:\scripts\EasyNews Streamer\default.py", line 574, in ?
10:11:05 M: 35012608 INFO:
10:11:05 M: 35012608 INFO: w = EasyNewsStreamerWindowXML("EasyNewsStreamer.xml",scriptPath,"DefaultSkin")
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO: TypeError
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO: :
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO: XML File for Window is missing
10:11:05 M: 35020800 INFO:

Any ideas?
I have since moved the "Skin" dir to the "Q:\scripts\EasyNews Streamer\resources\skins\" and the script now loads the GUI but you can use it as you cannot navigate the menu's?

Is no one else experiencing these problems?
I found a quick fix for my problem, by copying "Q://UserData/script_data/EasyNews Streamer/search.xml" from my previous install of xbmc and copying it to my new install this solved the problem of no user control.
lukerayner Wrote:I have since moved the "Skin" dir to the "Q:\scripts\EasyNews Streamer\resources\skins\" and the script now loads the GUI but you can use it as you cannot navigate the menu's?

Is no one else experiencing these problems?

.....the script now loads the GUI but you "cannot" use it as you cannot navigate the menu's?
lukerayner Wrote:.....the script now loads the GUI but you "cannot" use it as you cannot navigate the menu's?

The problem with this script is that if the search.xml file is not found (containing previous search results), no focus is set on any buttons to allow for navigation.

This can be fixed by performing the following:

1. Move the skin directory to be under /resources
2. Modify the default.py to add the "setFocus" line below.

Code:
self.search_title.setLabel(_(103)) #no previous search
self.setFocus(self.getControl(2))

This might not be a preferred way of fixing it, but it works :-)

- Brian
Wow. People still interested in this? I'm still alive! I guess I could work on it some more. If mainly to get it working again if its original functionality is not working.

-Ed
I'am !

I just installed it to give it a try but didn't work Sad( y got a xbox build from late july..

Thanks
Me too !! Wow - this thing is awesome !! Being able to stream directly from Easynews !! Where can I find more info on this ? Could it be updated to include extra newsgroups ?

Until now, I've always had to find the parts, zip up, download, unzip, par check, unrar, burn to a disc then play. This script does away with all that nonsense.

Big thanks Bortoni... you have to keep working on this man...
Update the code and get this working again. I would love to use it in Boxee.
Has anyone ever got this to work on LINUX?
I just installed on a Linux box today and my favoirte plugin isn't working...

From what I can tell this is the same exact script that is running on the Xbox and WIN7 machines just fine.

I did put my user and pass in the settings. But when I click on the EasyNews Plugin-> VCD quality -> It just says Next.... Nothing else

NBCPlugin is working.
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EasyNews Streamer (Script)0