Will we ever get to XBMC 3.0 stable point-release?
Question 
Will XBMC ever get higher than 2.0, or will it be t3ch revisions from here on out?
Honestly I would hope the main developers would replace the one year old 2.1 version with the great code that are the recent builds;

However that would mean they would go into bug fixing mode rather than adding more new content which would suck!
To actually answer your question, a 3.0 would just signify dramatic changes to the skinning/library/platform.
If you keep up to date with the daily svn changes this program goes through, I assure you that you will have no doubt to the future of this script. An average of 5 svn updates per day is pretty common at the moment.
1.1.0: was released 2004-10-18!
2.0.0: was released 2006-09-29!

there is no 2.1 only 2.0.1

I'd say we're not late for a new major version yet for atleast 1 year. This doesn't mean a new stable will be released then, later or sooner, just stating facts here
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

nickolasj80 Wrote:Will XBMC ever get higher than 2.0, or will it be t3ch revisions from here on out?

Version numbers can be quite arbitrary. Usually an increment on the left side of the dot is meant to signify a major change in functionality and/or infrastructure.
In commercial Projects such an increment is used to indicate to customers that the product has undergone major changes for the better.
Sometimes this is for real, other times the vendor just sells minor upgrades to the existing userbase, in order to generate cash flow.

In free software, there is no incentive for an inflationary use of version numbers, unless a major rewrite, addition of features or new codeline necessitates a clean break in version numbering. Between the official assignment of a new version number, Team XBMC uses 'Build numbers' so every collaborator can keep track of every single change, fix or added feature. At the moment, these numbers are incremented more than once a day, typically.

Every other week, I update to the latest SVN (T3CH) Build. Since the last 'Stable' 2.0.1 release, I have seen too many improvements to count.
So, for all intents and purposes, what I'm running feels like a 4.x right now, considering all the improvements slowly added during the last year. In the Info dialog it still reports something like 'pre 2.1'.
So don't worry about version numbers, update to the latest build every so often. While you do, don't discard the build you have been using successfully before. In case you come across a showstoppper bug in the new build, you'll be able to fall back to the tried and proven one, you used before.

There is a Python script called 'XBMC Changelog' that lets users follow the development process by showing every change for every build.
Following these changes enables folks to make an informed decision, regarding the benefits of an upgrade. With that script you'll access an online copy of the changelog.
BTW: That copy is refreshed only every other day, the freshest changes might not show up in it, but you probably get the idea.

HTH, uwer
google "T3CH XBMC binay" for the latest SVN build
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
How does it come T3CH can release the code for everyone? Doesn't he care it's illegal or has he found some way to circumvent the law? For whatever reason, it apparently hasn't been taken down. I figure he's swedish too, since it's a .se page. w00t =)
IMHO TV Show support should warrant a point release... but that's just me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will we ever get to XBMC 3.0 stable point-release?0