How to show a movie rating in VideoFullScreen.xml
That's brilliant thank you, i really like the changes you have made to the videofullscreen.xml.

Cheers
I'm glad you like it. I find myself checking the end time more and more. Very cool thing to have. Thanks for adding it jmarshall. And thanks to spiff for the videoplayer.mpaa.

J_K_M_A_N
That looks just sweet J_K_M_A_N Smile

Ill have to wait for the next t3ch to try it out. Have you updated or changed your xml since it was first posted? If so could you please post it again.

Thanks
It works with the August 26th release but not before that. Spiff just added it recently.

I haven't changed anything else. Do you have any ideas? I kinda like it as is but if you can think of something cool, I might want to change it.

J_K_M_A_N
Thanks for the info, I'll put it on tonite and see what I could think of.

Spiff does stuff really really fast when it's something he is intrested in. Which, as a "hobbie", is the way it should be Smile
I just wanted to say:

Works like a treat! Very nice addition to the xml J_K_M_A_N.

Cant think of a thing for movies, but I was wondering if anything can be added for TV shows...I'll think on it this weekend.
I have tried to think of other things myself. I would make the thing bigger if I had to but I don't know what else I might want to see that wouldn't make it look all cluttered. If you come up with something, let me know.

J_K_M_A_N
What would be really cool is if there were a way to display the rating image or whatever they call it. You know like this:

I dont think that would be as easy to implement RockDawg.

J_K_M_A_N - The only things I could think of is to add the some other fields after the mpaa rating information. Actor, Director...whatever. But I think it may be overkill. I personally like how it is now, mostly for the time information as I dont really care about the rating or why. I guess I would if I had kids, which I'm guessing is why you added it.

Ill keep on thinking but I really dont know what more anyone would want that wouldnt make it all look cluttered and/or overkill as the information is available by other means.

Now i just have to remember to swap your version when I upgrade (usually every week) and I'll have to be on the look out for any changes made to xml by the devs. Hopefully if there is a change to the xml by the devs you would be kind enough to release a new version to the masses Smile

Thanks again Smile
This ability is new thanks to JMarshall.

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.MPAA,,.png]</texture>

Then name your graphics appropriately. e.g. "R.png"

Actually looking at what the mpaa rating holds, the full text. the above won't work.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Thumbs Up 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPAA_rating
I'm confused. It is or isn't possible to display the rating image?
It would be if just the rating (eg R) was listed, as you could use the trick that Nuka1195 suggests.

However, as the rating has a bunch of other stuff, it's probably not doable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

if MPAA rating would be useful for label2 and would be used. Another infolabel that parsed MPAA looks like it could work.

Quote:Rated PG-13 for sequences of action violence, sexual content, nudity and language

It looks like they may be similar format, with the rating second. This is only IMDB though. In python it would be as simple as MPAA.split()[1]. I don't know what it would be in C++.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Well, I did notice on IMDB also that movies older than about 1990 so no rating available. I am guessing that is because they changed the rating system around that time. I am not sure. But there is another line that says 'Certification:' that shows just the rating but for each country so the scraper would have to be set up for which country's rating you wanted. So, do we want to change the current scraper to grab that instead of the MPAA rating or can we add another entry in the database for that certification? I would prefer another entry so you could display both the picture rating and the MPAA rating if available.

Spiff? Any ideas on this one? I only ask because you have been there for the other MPAA part and when I was trying to help with the IMDB scraper before. If you really couldn't give a crap, I will see if I can figure out how to add it. I could probably figure out the scraper for the USA version if you want.

J_K_M_A_N

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to show a movie rating in VideoFullScreen.xml1