Metadata and notifications. Which apps to use?
So I am using Couchpotato and Sonarr for content delivery on an OpenMediaVault NAS. I have Emby setup as a media server to deliver that content and synchronize libraries across devices. Kodi is setup for consumption of said media on two amazon fire tv sticks with the Kodi for FireTV addon. Both couchpotato and sonarr have Emby and Kodi metadata capabilities. Emby and kodi both have their own metadata scrapers as well.

Sonarr says EMBY metadata is just series Metadata and Kodi is Series and episode metadata, series, season, and episode images. Couchpotato is similar so it sounds like Kodi metadata is more robust.

1.) is it better to let Couchpotato and Sonarr download metadata or should Emby or Kodi download the metadata?
2.) does it hurt anything if Couchpotato and sonarr do their thing and the others do their thing?
3.) I would like to avoid re-downloading and scraping of data when its un-necessary what would be the best here?

Additionally, Couchpotato and Sonarr both have notification capabilities for Emby and Kodi.
1.) Do i need to notify both, just emby, or just Kodi?
2.) Is there any advantages to one over the other?

I tried to find this type of question in the forum but didn't come up with a result.
Thread moved to supplementary tools section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata and notifications. Which apps to use?0