• 201(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2021-09-17, 17:10)M89SE Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 01:50)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Has anyone gotten this to work on Matrix (v19) yet?

Yes.

https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtvguide/releases
Sorry but this is completely different Addon or  am I missing something ?
Can someone please advise how to manually match channels to the guide in the new (kodi 19) version?

In the original version if there was not an exact match to the channel from the guide, the program would load my m3u and I could choose the channel from the list of suspected matches. In this new version I only have the choice of selecting an individual stream file and it does not search the m3u or give me a choice.

Can someone please explain what I am doing incorrectly?
(2021-09-17, 23:52)samueljones Wrote:
(2021-09-17, 17:10)M89SE Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 01:50)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Has anyone gotten this to work on Matrix (v19) yet?

Yes.

It's a similar but different addon. I've tried multiple times through multiple versions of M-TVGuide, but I still haven't been able to get it to match my setup in TVGFS or get it to do the same things. Perhaps I'm missing something but even the initial setup seems so different from TVGFS that I haven't been able to fully figure it out yet nor get all of my XMLTV files to load properly.
(2021-09-18, 07:39)mastertheshadow Wrote:
(2021-09-17, 23:52)samueljones Wrote:
(2021-09-17, 17:10)M89SE Wrote: Yes.

It's a similar but different addon. I've tried multiple times through multiple versions of M-TVGuide, but I still haven't been able to get it to match my setup in TVGFS or get it to do the same things. Perhaps I'm missing something but even the initial setup seems so different from TVGFS that I haven't been able to fully figure it out yet nor get all of my XMLTV files to load properly.

The addons are similar, the main difference is that m-TVGuide is dependent of matching channel names with basemap.xml where the regexes are stored, but I'm working on a workaround to match channel names straight with epg.

EDIT:
In this version I added support for addon to match epg channel names, but be aware that the channel names must be identical (m3u names == epg names).
https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtv...g/9.6.2_v2
(2021-09-18, 21:41)M89SE Wrote:
(2021-09-18, 07:39)mastertheshadow Wrote:
(2021-09-17, 23:52)samueljones Wrote: Sorry but this is completely different Addon or  am I missing something ?

The addons are similar, the big difference is that m-TVGuide is dependent of matching channel names with basemap.xml where the regexes are stored, but I'm working on a workaround to match channel names straight with epg.
I'll continue to play when I have some time, as I'd love to get as familiar with m-TVGuide as I am with TVGFS since TVGFS is pretty much the only thing still keeping me on 18.9. I've installed Kodi 19 in portable mode to play with the V19 versions of addons in an attempt to test things out (I'm just VERY short on time at the moment). The big thing(s) with TVGFS that I use that I don't yet see or haven't been able to figure out with m-TVGuide are:
  • EPGs: 
    • I don't have my XMLTV files setup in Regions- I've got 2 of them, but they are from different sources not regions (Free IPTV mostly from Matt Huisman's addons and IPTVMerge; and then an XMLTV for my local OTA and [legal] pay services). The guide always wants to put my channels into regions. I tried to maybe get around that by going down in the settings to put in the main and additional EPG - and this loads, but:
      • There is still a "region category" - it just defaults to Poland
      • In TVGFS, I can sort all channels alphabetically from BOTH XMLTV files in the settings. When the EPGs load into m-TVGuide, it gives me the channels from one XMLTV first, and then the second in the order that they are in the XMLTV files. I have found where I can sort channels manually by going to the PVR channel manager in m-TVGuide, but I'd rather not have to do it manually - especially since I have a guide running on multiple devices that I try to centrally manage.
    • For some reason, it took me several tires to get the UTC settings correct as putting in my actual UTC settings shifted the guides too far into the future. I think I finally found the setting that will work to get the correct times, but I don't remember having to set timezone settings in TVGFS - so I'm not sure about this.
  • Video Streams
    • Playlists:  I've loaded the playlists (one from IPTV Merge, the other that I maintain manually for my local channels) in the settings, but I CANNOT find those streams anywhere in the guide itself. Channels that are auto matched from EPG to Playlist in TVGFS are not in m-TVGuide (perhaps that would change with the update you're working on that you mentioned) and when I go to "Choose Stream" the channels my M3U playlists that I've loaded are nowhere to be found. Are M3U playlists supported and if so, where do I find the channels that are in those playlists to match them to EPG channels with m-TVGuide can't?
      • TVGFS had a mapping INI file where I could also do this manually outside of the guide, and this mapping.ini file could be imported into the settings. This was a really handy way to manage multiple devices. I could just put the mapping.ini file on my network server and point TVGFS on each device to it - so that I'd only have to update one file and the guide on all my devices would have updated channel mapping at next launch. Any way to manage multiple devices in a similar manner?
      • There was also a categories.ini that again could be done manually in the file (centrally stored on my server) and then imported into multiple devices in the settings.
    • Alternate Streams - I sometimes have multiple sources for the same channel (like with Pluto TV - I can get those streams from a few different IPTV playlists or addons and depending upon the state of my very rural internet connections, sometimes one source will work a lot better than another depending upon which ISP I'm using at that particular time).  In TVGFS, I can assign multiple streams to a single channel (and there is an alternate streams.tsv file that I can also export/import to multiple devices in the settings). Any option for multiple sources?
    • Addons: I have a few channels that I pulled from addons in the Kodi repository (that I don't think are compatible with Matt H's IPTVMerge or IPTVManager) in TVGFS, I could pull those addon streams into the guide itself. I don't think m-TVGuide will do that (unless one is using one of the pre-built in Swedish or Polish TV services and I don't live in either of those countries) because when I go to the "addons" option in "Choose Stream" nothing is shown. Is there any way to add addons to the guide, or does it only work for those preprogrammed services?
    • The only thing I've been able to get to work is if I create a favorite for the stream - and I'd rather not have to have a favorite for all video streams just to get them in the guide.
So, I'll continue to play and see if I can figure it out, but I may have been hampered by using TVGFS first because so far, I haven't been terribly successful in getting m-TVGuide to work.
(2021-09-18, 21:41)M89SE Wrote: EDIT:
In this version I added support for addon to match epg channel names, but be aware that the channel names must be identical (m3u names == epg names).
Saw your edit after I posted my wall of text (sorry!) and yes, this update is now matching the channels from my EPG to those that are available in my playlists.  So that's one thing I can remove from my "can't figure out list" :-)

EDIT: Well, it auto matches for some (so I'm assuming that there are a few in there where the m3u =/ epg) and so I still need to figure out a way to manual match if needed.
(2021-09-19, 00:01)mastertheshadow Wrote:
(2021-09-18, 21:41)M89SE Wrote: EDIT:
Saw your edit after I posted my wall of text (sorry!) and yes, this update is now matching the channels from my EPG to those that are available in my playlists.  So that's one thing I can remove from my "can't figure out list" :-)

EDIT: Well, it auto matches for some (so I'm assuming that there are a few in there where the m3u =/ epg) and so I still need to figure out a way to manual match if needed.

Turn off setting "Show only programs with streams assigned" and you will see all epg channels and then you will be able to manually assign each channel.
https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtv...withstream

As for your wall of text:

1. The selectable regions are only pre-define groups that will sort channels to categories for those available countries. 
https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtv...p_channels

2. As I remember the UTC setting will adjust automatically to the defined timezone in EPG, if this datetime is missing then you can manually assign it in m-TVGuide settings.

* Video Streams

1. Channels should now be recognized after my 9.6.2_v3 update, m-TVGuide supports all kind of m3u playlists. There is also some legal european Tv services included.

2. Multiple stream sources are switched while playing stream by pressing C / Context button.

3. If you turn off "Show only programs with streams assigned" as my post above, you will be able to assign streams from diff addons to the empty channels.

P.S
I found out some minor bug in my latest update release, I will need to fix this.
(2021-09-19, 08:28)M89SE Wrote: As for your wall of text:

1. The selectable regions are only pre-define groups that will sort channels to categories for those available countries. 
https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtv...p_channels

2. As I remember the UTC setting will adjust automatically to the defined timezone in EPG, if this datetime is missing then you can manually assign it in m-TVGuide settings.

* Video Streams

1. Channels should now be recognized after my 9.6.2_v3 update, m-TVGuide supports all kind of m3u playlists. There is also some legal european Tv services included.

2. Multiple stream sources are switched while playing stream by pressing C / Context button.

3. If you turn off "Show only programs with streams assigned" as my post above, you will be able to assign streams from diff addons to the empty channels.

P.S
I found out some minor bug in my latest update release, I will need to fix this.

Thank you for your patience - and replying to my wall of text.  I'll continue to play off and on when I find the time because I really don't want to continue bugging you, so one final clarification if you don't mind as I've read through the wiki several times before as well and still can't figure this piece out:

"Turn off setting "Show only programs with streams assigned" and you will see all epg channels and then you will be able to manually assign each channel.
https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtv...withstream"

I did find that - so all EPG channels are loaded.

"3. If you turn off "Show only programs with streams assigned" as my post above, you will be able to assign streams from diff addons to the empty channels."

This is what I'm having great difficulty with. After the last update, it is auto assigning one or two of the channels in my playlist, but I can't figure out how to assign streams. When I click a channel that doesn't have a stream assigned, I get the context menu - and go to "Choose Stream." There I am presented with a screen that has 3 options:
  • Stream File - which tells me to click browse and navigate for the stream file . . . [etc] and a browse for playlist button. . . but even if I go through the browse process and go to the addon_data\script.mtvguide\playlists folder (where M-TVGuide has copied the playlists I loaded in settings, it shows me a blank window. The m3u files that were loaded in the settings (and copied to the addon_data folder) are not there.  I don't see any option to access the playlists to manually select a stream from them.  I know it's found them initially - as it has copied the files from the URL I entered and cached them locally since I switched that setting on, but I have no idea how to access them once in the guide.
  • Favorites - this one does work. If I have a favorite setup for a particular stream within Kodi, i do see it here and can preview/add
  • Addons - this window simply says "description..." and there is a "plugin.video.Xxx" listed under the "addons" button. No addons are listed.
I cannot figure out how to manually assign a stream from the playlists nor from an addon as it doesn't seem that m-TVGuide can find/see them, unless I'm looking in the totally wrong place. . . and it sounds like doktourtv from a few posts above was experiencing the same thing. This is the experience I've had every time I've tried to use m-TVGuide in the past as well and has always been my major stumbling block.
@mastertheshadow Context menu -> Options -> EPG List -> Add channel

As for addons they need to be included in the addons.ini

.kodi\addons\script.mtvguide\resources\addons.ini

Edit:
I created a separate post about m-TVGuide.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364541
(2021-09-19, 10:35)M89SE Wrote: @mastertheshadow Context menu -> Options -> EPG List -> Add channel

As for addons they need to be included in the addons.ini

.kodi\addons\script.mtvguide\resources\addons.ini

Ah - great found Add Channel. This will take a bit, but is doable.

EDIT: found the addons.ini file.  How do I add to this?  (and EDIT2 - I think I found a way to do this - THANK YOU for your help!).
As I mentioned there is some faulty code in v2 and v3, I'm working to resolve it.

EDIT:
I created a separate thread about m-TVGuide:
(2021-09-19, 11:45)M89SE Wrote: As I mentioned there is some faulty code in v2 and v3, I'm working to resolve it.

EDIT:
I created a separate thread about m-TVGuide:

wow you are very fast...i will try and give you feedback
Firstly, thank you to the creator of this guide!

I’ve just installed it on my TV through Kodi Matrix and have been able to get the guide and channels up and running but I’m in need of some help with a few things and have a few questions:

• REMINDERS
— When you set a reminder for a show/movie, it notifies you 5 minutes before but is it possible for the guide to automatically tune into the next program without you manually having to click ‘Watch’?

• SKINS
— I’m using the default skin (and have also tried the other 4 from the Settings/Appearance option) and would like to adjust the guide font sizes and colors. I did see where there was options to change some colors from default to Aqua, etc. but the default white font still appears a little difficult.

— Are there any other dark skins available to download?

Thank you for any help!
@jcom Wait. How did you get it running on Kodi 19 Matrix?
"Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!"
[Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry]
Does the not work anymore?? I tried adding the source and it's failing to install.
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8