XBMC traps mouse on display 1
Hey folks,

I am running a dual head set up. I have just got XBMC working ALMOST perfectly. My last no-so-little detail is that when XBMC is full-screen on my HDTV I can't get the mouse back over to display 0. Anyone gotten around this or is this just something we have to live with for the time-being?

Thanks
I'm having the exact same problem! While searching, I came upon this post that has no fix Sad So I'm bumping it, hoping someone can answer it!
So I start XBMC on my secondary display (:0.1) but it takes the mouse with it. I want it to leave the mouse alone (I control with my remote through LIRC).
Anyway I can do that?
I tried disabling the mouse support in xbmc but it still insists on moving the mouse to its display. This is a big problem in my setup Sad I'm sitll hoping someone knows how I can disable that "feature"...
This is from what I know how SDL works (which we use for mouse and to create windows) and there's no way around this. I have tried to do something about it but all my searches have come up that it's no possible, although for those with dualscreen it would be good.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Damn, that sucks big time. I'll try and see if there's something I can figure out. Thing is, I don't need the mouse for xbmc (i even disable it in the settings).
I've put a question on SDL mailing list about it in case some off them knows anything about it, still I doubt it unfortunately.
Perhaps it's possible with a patch which they might point me to which we could use but don't get your hopes up Smile

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hey, I just appreciate the effort Smile Let us know either way.
I found an ugly (but working) hack while waiting for an official fix (hopefully!). I used the program switchscreen 0.1.1 (http://users.tkk.fi/~spniskan/switchscreen/) which letsyou switch the mouse between screens. You have to disable the window borders on XBMC (easily done with KDE) or else you'll see the title bar appear.
I hope that helps someone and I now have a fully working setup Smile Finally!
What about setting SDL_WM_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_OFF)?
bdallen Wrote:What about setting SDL_WM_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_OFF)?

IIRC I tried that which didnt work, if you have it working then a patch would be most welcome, But only when the mouse isnt enabled or with an advanced setting IMO.

/Topfs2

Topfs2 Wrote:IIRC I tried that which didnt work, if you have it working then a patch would be most welcome, But only when the mouse isnt enabled or with an advanced setting IMO.

/Topfs2
Too bad - I wonder if it's the use of OpenGL? I can't find any calls to SDL_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_ON), so I guess it makes since that calling GRAB_OFF doesn't work - some other mechanism is used to achieve a similar effect (unless a call to GrabInput is hiddin within another SDL call).

I'm going to try to create a simple shell that uses the same video and mouse access and has the same grabbing behavior, and then try to get free mouse working for that. Any recommendations on what files to look in? I've zeroed in on these so far:

SDL_Init in: xbmc/Application.cpp
Map SDL mouse to input layer API?: guilib/common/SDLMouse.cpp
Setting up GL surfaces through SDL in: guilib/Surface.cpp

Of course I could run XBMC in a separate X-session with no mouse device, but that wouldn't be inconvenient...
bdallen Wrote:I'm going to try to create a simple shell that uses the same video and mouse access and has the same grabbing behavior, and then try to get free mouse working for that.
A do nothing SDL app that just calls SDL_SetVidMode with SDL_FULLSCREEN exhibits this behavior. So this does really seem to be a limitation of SDL.

switchscreen hasn't been working well for me - it forces XBMC out of fullscreen, and then I have trouble getting it back. I'm going to try the wmctrl hack suggested here:.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC traps mouse on display 10