• 6(current)
Python MSN messenger
has anyone actualy ever made a skin script/module for xbmc. ive made one that reads a xml file in the format below:

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<skin id="msn">
      <item name="background" type="controlimage" location="[0,0,w,h]" path="noon_sky.bmp"></item>
      <item name="login" type="controlbutton" location="[6,5,140,30]" label="login"></item>
      <item name="send" type="controlbutton"  location="[146,5,140,40]" label="send message"></item>
      <item name="mystate" type="controllabel"  location="[246,105,140,40]" label="online?"></item>
      <item name="contactname" type="controllabel" location="[246,105,140,40]" label="current con"></item>
      <item name="contacttyping" type="controllabel"  location="[246,105,140,40]" label="current typing"></item>
      <item name="thred" type="controlbutton" location="[146,5,140,30]" label="start threads"></item>
      <item name="msgbox1" type="controltextbox" location="[410,150,300,300]" font="font13" textcolor="0xffff3300"></item>
      <item name="userlist1" type="controllist" location="[50,50,200,400]"></item>
      <move name="login" onup="" ondown="" onleft="" orright=""></move>
      <focus name="login"></focus>

<group  id="test" item="thred"></group>
      <group id="test" item="login"></group>

</skin>
you can call it in your window with skin.skin(self, "pathofscript", "skinname.xml")

or you can hide groups using skin.hidegroup(self, "groupname")
or make them visable with skin.viewgroup(self, "groupname")
is this something you think people would want?

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
nice idea... noticed it relates to your msnscript Smile looking forward to seeing that...
well its all working at the mo with the skin file just made alot of changed i actualy need to test on the box, im at work at the mo. but it means you can add as many pics/labels you want to the skin and have the ones set for the program in too and it will add it too the screen. the groups are for menus like state menus/files menus where you might want frame/pictures to show wen you go into the menu
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
well i think its a simple yet extremely good idea and makes modification or even skinning from scratch a skin much easier.

p.s.

would like to see a working version of msnscript if you have one avail to beta would save me a lot of hassle waiting to speak to contacts and constantly running up and downstairs to see if they are online. if so pm me @ '[email protected]'
still in alpha stage, depending on how tests go tonight with the changes ive made it might b ready for thursday i think. i wana add alot of things i had on my buggy version. like nick name auto change to "nickname -- current media name" or i had "nickname -- time logged in" and time last online.
woops i double posted.

some nice little extras there! i hope this one does get released so many times devs have come and gone on the msn script and this is probably the closest yet to a working script.

well done & thanks.
my old one did work n i did get some people to beta test it but it had alot of bugs and so i decided i just was not clever enough to make it, since then ive lost alot of brain cells. and must have forgotten that i gave up n started again from scratch. alot of the problems i had the first time i fixed because of learning form error, also learnt alot about threading that made it run alot faster/smooth. used to only send/sync with the server every 5 secs. made loading slow n convs even slower. lol. now its like every 0.1 sec's and it still dnt overload the cpu or network. its almost instant
hi there dave... how you doing with the script? is it still coming together nicely?

all the best.
had some problems with threading its slowed me dwn abit but now its :fixed: trying to sort out a options page, but at the mo its doing pretty gd, nice n stable as far as i can tell, i have a day off wrk so will get alot dun tomorrow
Smile i'm all smiles!

yes sneak preview would be nice click that thumbstick Smile

can you maybe post a screenshot? i doont mind the wait if a visualization is available Wink
ok lol will do one in 2 hours after bak to the future finishes.
ok lol will do one in 2 hours after bak to the future finishes.
screen shots:
file menu's for logining in making setups n changing state
the main screen
typing a conv

as you can see the allignment is kinda out for message box but thats a skin thing
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python MSN messenger0