Trying to make a huge song-info screen
The screen with the album art and song information that comes up when one hits the White button, what is it called and which file defines it in PM3? I believe it is MusicOverlay.xml, but I'm not having much luck editing that file and getting the results to show properly in the Win32 environment. The musicoverlay screen stays the same, but when I get out of the visualization/musicoverly, then the huge "music logo" I put in there for testing appears and covers everything else up.

I'm trying to make a replacement version that take the whole screen for use in my car xbox setup. Has anyone tried something similar? I've looked in other skins, but all I see are ones with the normal info screen that focuses mostly on the visualization behind it. I care less about the vis and more about the current track being shown in nice huge text with a nice album cover to go with it.
MusicVisualisation.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Aha, that would explain my problems then. What is MusicOverlay used for then?
To overlay the main windows with song info.

Many skins nowadays actually incorporate the information into each window directly.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I'm having a lot of success with my new visualization screen. The only thing I can't figure out is how to make huge fonts. I've tried adding custom listings in font.xml by copying one, changing the name and changing the size tag to something like 30, but it just goes to the default smaller size.

Where should I be to try to get larger fonts?
The way you are doing so is exactly correct. Make sure you are changing it in the font that's being used (PM3 uses the Francophilesans by default IIRC).

There's more info in the online manual on all this skinning stuff, but feel free to ask if you have a specific question (and post what you've done perhaps).

add a zoom animation to the label
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I was about to say that it wasn't working, but I was just dumb. I was editing the wrong resolution's Font.xml file. Thanks for the help!
Would love to see it when its done Smile Sounds nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to make a huge song-info screen0