Kodi 17 & Live TV
(2016-07-16, 19:58)fritsch Wrote: 1.) The bouncing is the missing, suboptimal / low quality deinterlacing, which is done by bobbing in the render. You use: Deinterlace (Auto) and Deinterlace-Method: BOB right? Does "Bob-invert" make a difference?

2.) Besides some sluggish startup I see that nearly every second frame is late and therefore dropped by renderrmanage :-( - sad. Someone needs to really properly look into mediacodec surface as it needs fine tuning after rework of render manager. Can't help.

Out of interest: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...0_h264.mkv <- this one needs much more oopmh to play, does it also drop like hell?

I always use Bob Invert (a legacy from when I had a fire tv and Bob showed the same bouncing). On the Sheild both are identical - almost as if Invert doesn't make any difference.

Tbh I'm never used Surface on the shield before - I've only tried it this time, since it doesn't show the bounce for SD MPEG2, but as you said it chokes on HD.

Will try the new clip too.
Yeah "Bob" is the correct thing to use, but there was a time where the string was just wrong. I have seen in the other thread, that you use a Pi2/Pi3 also, so at least you have a hardware workaround.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-07-16, 20:20)fritsch Wrote: Yeah "Bob" is the correct thing to use, but there was a time where the string was just wrong. I have seen in the other thread, that you use a Pi2/Pi3 also, so at least you have a hardware workaround.
Yeah, i have plenty of kodi boxes, probably too many! I have just been on a quest for years now to find the one box which will do Netflix, prime and kodi live tv well - the shield is so very nearly that box, but so far no dice.

Going to investigate getting prime and Netflix working on my Chromebox next Smile
May i ask how u set deinterlace in 17 ... With Shield 3.2. i don't see any option in video settings.
Kodi 16.x Software deinterlace at least works with Shield 3.2.
Any hints or we have to wait for ...
(2016-07-16, 21:23)alturismo Wrote: May i ask how u set deinterlace in 17 ... With Shield 3.2. i don't see any option in video settings.
Kodi 16.x Software deinterlace at least works with Shield 3.2.
Any hints or we have to wait for ...
The deinterlace method is set the same as with previous versions of kodi - via the OSD when an interlaced video is playing (press OK on remote usually, or M on a connected keyboard and then choose video settings). There is a choice of Bob or Bob-inverted.
Not here ...

PC, RPi, yes, Shield ... No
(2016-07-16, 21:36)alturismo Wrote: Not here ...
On a shield with android? Make sure you are using a supported skin - ideally estuary
I don't use any extra Skin ... And yes, Shield.

So, it should be there ?

I thought it may is gone due 3.2 Update ...
It's there, but moved slightly. The last icon on the right of the osd menu expands out to offer video and audio settings (and one more I think)
(2016-07-16, 21:42)tredman Wrote: It's there, but moved slightly. The last icon on the right of the osd menu expands out to offer video and audio settings (and one more I think)

ok, before im totally blind ... i found it on win PC, RPI, but not on my shield ... currently im using spmc fo live TV and rest 17 Wink

https://goo.gl/photos/faFb2RkjNS9NMBTJ6

and its been a clean install ...

im glad for an hint Wink
(2016-07-16, 21:51)alturismo Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 21:42)tredman Wrote: It's there, but moved slightly. The last icon on the right of the osd menu expands out to offer video and audio settings (and one more I think)

ok, before im totally blind ... i found it on win PC, RPI, but not on my shield ... currently im using spmc fo live TV and rest 17 Wink

https://goo.gl/photos/faFb2RkjNS9NMBTJ6

and its been a clean install ...

im glad for an hint Wink
Woh! Weird. It's definitely there in mine. Possibly a problem with the German (I think?) translation in the skin.

The Titan skin has a Krypton version, perhaps install that and try it?
aha, so you use a shield with 3.2 update and software deinterlace options are there ... and yes, german Wink

i ll check later and see, thanks for the hint Wink then i could drop the 2nd install for live tv Wink
If mediacodec (surface) is in use -> no deinterlace options, that's just normal as everything happens internally.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok, made another clean install and kept english only, now here they are ...

sadly not working properly Wink stutter and shaky picture when turning on MediaCodec (Surface OFF),

when i keep both MediaCodec off and Deinterlace is active i only get an slow motion picture Wink, here in kodi 16 its fine like that.

so sadly still no option yet, have to stay on 16 for live tv ...

thanks for the hint anyway Wink
@tredman: Seems: 3.2 has broken deinterlacing and stuff: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2375995

@alturismo highjacking a thread is _one_ thing but then not posting any Debug Log is another.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 & Live TV0