Kodi 17 & Live TV
weird, I always assumed 25hz was only for progressive output and 50hxz was used for interlaced - certainly PAL here is 50i and often deinterlaced to 25p
I notice that if I re-enable mediacodec (Surface) with latest nightly the deinterlace settings are now selectable and there is a new option - deinterlace (half) - anyone know what this is?
A bug?
(2016-11-09, 08:18)tredman Wrote: I notice that if I re-enable mediacodec (Surface) with latest nightly the deinterlace settings are now selectable and there is a new option - deinterlace (half) - anyone know what this is?

Most likely hw accel fails. It falls back to sw and you get the settings. Your Debug Log will tell. This is a common scenario with tvheadend failing or disabled mediacodec for mpeg2.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-11-09, 11:22)fritsch Wrote: Most likely hw accel fails. It falls back to sw and you get the settings.

Ah, yeah, right.
(2016-11-09, 11:22)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 08:18)tredman Wrote: I notice that if I re-enable mediacodec (Surface) with latest nightly the deinterlace settings are now selectable and there is a new option - deinterlace (half) - anyone know what this is?

Most likely hw accel fails. It falls back to sw and you get the settings. Your Debug Log will tell. This is a common scenario with tvheadend failing or disabled mediacodec for mpeg2.
(2016-11-09, 12:53)Koying Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 11:22)fritsch Wrote: Most likely hw accel fails. It falls back to sw and you get the settings.

Ah, yeah, right.
Thanks and yes, just checked and mc(s) is failing and it is software decoding.

There used to be a method to choose mc or mcs depending on content or resolution via advancedsettings.xml, this is no longer in the wiki - has it been removed?
Hello gues
I'm running kodi 17 beta 7 on nvidia shield tv and need some help with video settings for pvr (tvheadend)

Under deinterlace settings i can only chose deinterlace/deinterlace half/off shouldn't there be some more options i tried turning mediacodec surfarce/and mediacodec hard. on and off with no effect ?
No. Mediacodec is currently broken for LiveTV. Workarounds exist in spmc. Use that, but be aware of commercials or other stream changes :-) you will notice.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-27, 13:17)fritsch Wrote: No. Mediacodec is currently broken for LiveTV. Workarounds exist in spmc. Use that, but be aware of commercials or other stream changes :-) you will notice.

ok - thanx for the quick answer :-)

hopefully this will work in the final version ?
(2016-12-27, 13:17)fritsch Wrote: No. Mediacodec is currently broken for LiveTV. Workarounds exist in spmc. Use that, but be aware of commercials or other stream changes :-) you will notice.

Fritsch is this problem fixed in the latest RC1 ?
Nope, not afaict
(2016-12-30, 15:34)darksaint Wrote:

Fritsch is this problem fixed in the latest RC1 ?

No. Nobody is working on it.
I did not sleep well ... and thought, let's try a final thing, will post a testbuild later on: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11318
(2016-12-31, 10:47)fritsch Wrote: I did not sleep well ... and thought, let's try a final thing, will post a testbuild later on: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11318

Brilliant! Will test as soon as the build is up.
Me too [WINKING FACE]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 & Live TV0