• 30(current)
MovieMeter.nl (Dutch Movies) Scraper development...
Great news! With a bit off luck, is the problem fixed tonight.
The Universal Movie Scraper actually would give you guys a more feature rich experience.
the api doesn't function yet.
Nope and I can't disable or remove it either!
I changed my scraper to the Universal Movie Scaper, but it still is searching at Moviemeter when updating my library!
Very annoying, because I get this 'no connection with remote server' everytime.

See also: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212632
(2014-12-28, 13:25)HwKok Wrote: Nope and I can't disable or remove it either!
I changed my scraper to the Universal Movie Scaper, but it still is searching at Moviemeter when updating my library!

Sounds like you didn't update all sources added to the library to the new scraper...
Each folder added to the library can have a different scraper, this depends on your directory structure. If you have one directory on a disk/NAS that contains all movies, lookup that dir and edit the content, then change the scraper there. If this dir has subdirs you shouldn't have to do this for each dir, but this depends on how you have added content to the library. If you have multiple directories added to you library, repeat this step for each dir.
I did so with themoviedb scraper and it worked just fine.
(2014-12-29, 10:54)EFORCE Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 13:25)HwKok Wrote: Nope and I can't disable or remove it either!

Sounds like you didn't update all sources added to the library to the new scraper...
Each folder added to the library can have a different scraper, this depends on your directory structure. If you have one directory on a disk/NAS that contains all movies, lookup that dir and edit the content, then change the scraper there. If this dir has subdirs you shouldn't have to do this for each dir, but this depends on how you have added content to the library. If you have multiple directories added to you library, repeat this step for each dir.
I did so with themoviedb scraper and it worked just fine.

Thanks.
I'm working with just 1 folder with movies, which contains subfolders for each movie apart.
But maybe somewhere I'm forgetting a folder or so. I will try to delete all my sources and check if the moviemeter-scraper can be disabled.
After that I just need to add my sources again, which is no big deal as I don't have to much files yet.
(2014-12-23, 17:50)olympia Wrote: The Universal Movie Scraper actually would give you guys a more feature rich experience.
I find that a rather arrogant remark. Moviemeter keeps user ratings (millions over many years) of Dutch people. Their ratings differ often hugely from the yankee IMDB ratings. After years of using IMDB I have found our Dutch MovieMeter ratings to be immensely more critical and reliable than IMDB, more reflective and fitting to our Dutch high taste. E.g. Interstaller on IMDB gets 9/10. On our MovieMeter, and I did see the movie, it gets a mere 4/5, which Ipersonally think is still far too much, but that's a matter of age, experience, education and taste. And the average age of such websites users is rather kiddo.

Oh, don't bother visiting it unless you speak our rich Dutch. Best just keep with your imdb.

So, I am eagerly awaiting a Kodi add-on for MovieMeter.

Regards, Nick
I think what Olympia means is that the universal scraper has more options than the moviemeter scraper, which it actually does! I always kept using the moviemeter scraper, but primarily to get the description in dutch. I don't care so much about the rating (want to see it anyway). Perhaps the option would be to allow us to select the rating from moviemeter in the the universal scraper (since you have options to choose where to get certain information from). However, unless the connection limit to moviemeter is not increased (which is why it currently needs to connect to a different server) , I don't think this can happen...
(2014-12-30, 04:31)SaintNick Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 17:50)olympia Wrote: The Universal Movie Scraper actually would give you guys a more feature rich experience.
I find that a rather arrogant remark. Moviemeter keeps user ratings (millions over many years) of Dutch people. Their ratings differ often hugely from the yankee IMDB ratings. After years of using IMDB I have found our Dutch MovieMeter ratings to be immensely more critical and reliable than IMDB, more reflective and fitting to our Dutch high taste. E.g. Interstaller on IMDB gets 9/10. On our MovieMeter, and I did see the movie, it gets a mere 4/5, which Ipersonally think is still far too much, but that's a matter of age, experience, education and taste. And the average age of such websites users is rather kiddo.

Oh, don't bother visiting it unless you speak our rich Dutch. Best just keep with your imdb.

Regards, Nick

With age and experience it should also come that you read and interpret posts in their context and placement within the discussion(s). I actually meant that if you guys are in the need to switch scraper, then you will find the Universal Scraper more feature rich than with the default themoviedb.org scraper what was suggested just before my post. In other words I was comparing those two rather than UMS and MovieMeter.
Smile 
(2014-12-30, 10:42)olympia Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 04:31)SaintNick Wrote:

Regards, Nick

With age and experience it should also come that you read and interpret posts in their context and placement within the discussion(s). I actually meant that if you guys are in the need to switch scraper, then you will find the Universal Scraper more feature rich than with the default themoviedb.org scraper what was suggested just before my post. In other words I was comparing those two rather than UMS and MovieMeter.

;-)
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MovieMeter.nl (Dutch Movies) Scraper development...5