Themoviedb.org and Movie Scraper acting like Trojans
Yes it will, but why did the scraper instead choose other Movies without any commons. Wether the name nor the content.
For Example "Schulmädchen Report 2 + 9" are Erotic Movies or "SA Mann". What is that, Nazi Propaganda ?? With the other Scraper it utters "Matria" instead of the well known Movie "Matrix", and a Nazi Cross could be seen on the Movie Poster !!
These Films are nasty or showning bad taste and I do not have any of them on my Disk, as you can see in the Logs. But why was the result a bundle of all these Films for only one request.
Should this make "others" believe that all this movies on the Disk ??
I remember, that I sometimes had more movies in the list as physically on the Disk.
By the way the "James Bond Der Mann mit ... " was only one of them, were the Problem occurs.
OK, so the issue seems to be a combination of bad naming practice on your side and a strange list of movies returned from themoviedb.org as a result of your bad naming convention.

How this issue can be linked up with Kodi or the scrapers? Also, how this could be a trojan or a security hole?

You shouldn't expect accurate search results based on incorrect search strings. Kodi or the scraper addons are not suggesting or choosing movies. The search results you get is the listing we get from the site being scraped (in this case themoviedb.org). The only thing what Kodi does with the search results is that it is trying to sort the returned listing by relevance, but once again, the listing and suggestions come from the search engine / API of the scraped sites.

What you can do? Most obviously, just fix your file names and the problem is solved.
Alternatively, you can post on the forum of themoviedb.org and ask them/ complain about the search string 'James Bond 007 - Der Mann mit dem goldenen Colt -uv' returns a listing you don't like.
Hello Olympia

Thank you , as you remember I mentioned, the root cause might be the Metadata source.
By the way are there any alternative Scrapers not using themoviedb ?

To the Point "Search string" please remember, "Matrix" for Example also was affected and this is a well known movie. So it is NOT only a matter of unusual Naming Convention (-uv stands for incomplete in german UnVollständig) and months ago it was perfectly recognized

In addition how does it come that the Metadata Source adds new movies to my list, and what will happen if I try to start them. You asked about security holes, thats the point, could this also contain a link into internet, and would I now download the real "trojan" like in well known phising attacks. That was my Question.

Maybe that this could not happen, but nevertheless it is a bad feeling seeing nasty Movie names crossing the internet combined with my Ip Address and I do not know anything about that, because the Metadata Source sents a wrong and strange suggestion list, unseen in the background. I would never expect that because, I do not have any of this Movies.

I think I will contact themoviedb.org after holidays for clarification, meanwhile I had deactivated the scrapers.

regards and Merry X-Mas
(2014-12-23, 01:25)Jorgez Wrote: Thank you , as you remember I mentioned, the root cause might be the Metadata source.
By the way are there any alternative Scrapers not using themoviedb ?

There is nothing wrong with themoviedb.org other than their search engine doesn't handle an unexpected tag like "-uv" as you would expect. In case you submit proper strings, it returns proper results. Themoviedb.org is a fully and most trusted source. Those movies what you call nasty are also valid movies even if you don't like them. There are other scrapers yes, like the Universal Scraper, but none of them will work reliable with incorrect search strings. By the way, we recommend to add the year to the file/folder names as well to increase search accuracy and this is what majority of folks are doing here.

(2014-12-23, 01:25)Jorgez Wrote: To the Point "Search string" please remember, "Matrix" for Example also was affected and this is a well known movie. So it is NOT only a matter of unusual Naming Convention (-uv stands for incomplete in german UnVollständig) and months ago it was perfectly recognized

I tried this and couldn't reproduce. Please submit a debug log where "Matrix" is recognized as "Matria".

(2014-12-23, 01:25)Jorgez Wrote: In addition how does it come that the Metadata Source adds new movies to my list, and what will happen if I try to start them. You asked about security holes, thats the point, could this also contain a link into internet, and would I now download the real "trojan" like in well known phising attacks. That was my Question.

There is surely no addition of new items into your library. The scrapers are "scraping" textual data from the web sites or receive the same via the API of the source (if that exist) and download images only. This symptom will also be something about wrong recognition of existing library items. Maybe you have multi-part video files incorrectly named and recognized and/ or sample files or something like that. I encourage you (with 100% confidence) to start any of these items and you will see which movie of yours it is and then you can investigate further what is the reason of the wrong recognition.
Trust us in saying there is NO WAY at all in receiving malicious code like that. We wouldn't say that if there was even a little chance.

(2014-12-23, 01:25)Jorgez Wrote: Maybe that this could not happen, but nevertheless it is a bad feeling seeing nasty Movie names crossing the internet combined with my Ip Address and I do not know anything about that, because the Metadata Source sents a wrong and strange suggestion list, unseen in the background. I would never expect that because, I do not have any of this Movies.

No one is watching you... Smile

(2014-12-23, 01:25)Jorgez Wrote: I think I will contact themoviedb.org after holidays for clarification, meanwhile I had deactivated the scrapers.

That's fine, but better not raising the issue again packaged into the trojan theme again to avoid that you look a bit... Smile
The topic title should sound like "increase search accuracy by making the search engine less error prone to additional tags".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Themoviedb.org and Movie Scraper acting like Trojans0