Win Jumped from Mac to PC for kodi. Problems! Help please.
I was using Kodi on Mac with beautiful results and never a single problem. I then discovered that the OS X platform prohibits the HDMI output from bit streaming, so having a great sound system, I switched to Boot Camp with windows 10 installed. That fixed the bitstream issue and it sounds amazing. The problem I encountered is one of my most used video sources; the Dolby Atmos demonstration desk, which is a BDMV file will not even start to play. I've clicked on it, double clicked on it, right-click and select play from here, right clicked and chose movie information and then play, nothing works. Please help me figure this out.
Also. Does kodi 16.1 finally allow I SO 3-D movies to play? I read about the experimental builds to enable this, but those were from a year ago and the links no longer work. Can someone please let me know.
One last thing (for now ;-) when kodi starts, TV shows is the first thing in the center with the thumbnails. I would like it to start on the movies section with those thumbnails. Is there anyway to set that up? Thank you kindly for all your help.
Quick thought--- if the Atmos demo disc is a disc image, you may need to mount in with Daemon Tools (or similar) if the built-in Windows image reader doesn't support that particular format.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2016-07-29, 00:40)snarfo Wrote: Quick thought--- if the Atmos demo disc is a disc image, you may need to mount in with Daemon Tools (or similar) if the built-in Windows image reader doesn't support that particular format.

Thanks for the tip. Will research how to do that. Is this a required step for every movie of this type? Doing it once seems fine, but every time...;(
I very rarely mess with mounting disc images (I prefer to rip video content to x265 or x264 MKV files) so I'm definitely not the oracle on it. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in, but this might be useful: http://ultra.daemon-help.com/image/mounting/
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Thank you kindly for your help. Will try this.
I'm in the process of copying a large number of DVDs to, primarily, ISO images so as to retain the menu interaction (plus I need the shelf space back). I'm currently at about 2000, and have found 3 that kodi simply will not play, acting exactly as you describe. It appears that there are some authoring techniques that kodi can't cope with. This is nothing unique to kodi, as there have always been some DVDs and BluRays that cause problems for some hardware players, so I was not surprised when I encountered a few. My solution was to rip everything to mkv files. Not the best solution, but there were so few it wasn't worth fretting over.

As to the "movies first" option, it depends on the skin you're using and the amount of customisation available. Try some different ones. Many allow a lot of customisation around how the main menu looks.
(2016-07-28, 23:46)Adidadi Wrote: One last thing (for now ;-) when kodi starts, TV shows is the first thing in the center with the thumbnails. I would like it to start on the movies section with those thumbnails. Is there anyway to set that up? Thank you kindly for all your help.

Some skins will allow you to reorder the Home menu via their settings. If the skin you are using does not have this option, this page might help you achieve your goal, it worked for me.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jumped from Mac to PC for kodi. Problems! Help please.0