Shut down home theatre
I just changed over to windows 10 on my HTPC before the free offer was over and was wondering what many of you are doing to turn off the home theatre system when your viewing session is over. Before the change to 10 I was using a macro on my URC remote to turn off the TV, turn off the Receiver, and put the HTPC to sleep. Most of the time it worked ok then about a couple of weeks ago I started having start up issues with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 when starting the system back up so I set the power button action to do nothing That seemed to help but since the HTPC does not sleep it tends to run warm. I am still using the same setting for PC power with windows 10, just wondering what has worked best for others to insure a smooth startup. If it does not start properly I then have to deal with a unhappy wife and those of you that are married know what I am talking about. Yesterday just for kicks I uninstalled Jarvis 16.1 and tried Krypton 17 alpha and I like it but it is just not stable enough yet for the wife. so I went back. By the way I have been doing a clean wipe and install when I switch between Kodi versions to eliminate issues with addons and skins like I posted about previously. If it matters I am using Next PVR as a backend and only do OTA for TV, no cable or dish. My main reason for using Kodi is as a DVR to record and watch TV.
Thanks
I've been using a Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote for years. Works great.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2016-07-31, 18:49)snarfo Wrote: I've been using a Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote for years. Works great.

Maybe I did make my self clear, my question is are you putting the HTPC to sleep or just leaving it run until you want to watch tv again. I used the sleep mode for over a year with WMC and then Kodi when I started using it and it worked well until a few weeks ago. Now that I am using windows 10 I just want to make it work as seamlessly as I can for the wife. So are you putting your HTPC to sleep, hibernate, or shutting it down when you quit watching tv.
Yeah, that's a different scenario for me--- my htpc stays on 24/7 because it does a bunch of other chores on my network (it runs a Plex server, takes care of scheduled backups, etc.). When I power off my system it really only turns the tv and the receiver off. Once upon a time I had the computer go to sleep, but the version of Kodi (actually it was some older version of XBMC at the time) I was running then did not like sleep mode and would just crash when it woke up. That was when I decided it would be best if I just ran the home server-type chores on it and left it on.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shut down home theatre0