• 2(current)
Fluid - a skin concept...
theDeviL Wrote:I began some of it, didn't get it too far at the time. I am trying to organize the files so that I can share and collaborate with others, I will hit begin working on this shortly, skunkmonkee offered to lend his skills too! Wink

Sounds like a plan. I will be waiting impatiently Oo
Beeeeautiful. Really like the blue and gray. Will be anxiously awaiting the finished product. Nod
someone like to help him create a 4:3 version
i'm here to support this project.

like the blurb explains, this skin highly depends upon high resolution folder.jpg/poster images. i've also expressed my interest in a skin that really takes advantage of screen size when displaying posters.

i've already stopped using the small "tilted dvd box" images for my movies; i've started getting the really high resolution posters in hopes that there will be a skin that takes advantage of it.

unfortunately, i don't use library mode as much as others; but i hope the info button can bring up a screen similar to those 2 first mockups. i feel the image size in the 4th mockup could even be a bit larger and also proves that you don't even have to have text to point out what movie it is; it should all be understood from the poster.

i really do hope this skin becomes realized.
I like it... im useless at gfx but i have this working on my xbox now "just the video dialog" as it looks great.

C-Quel Wrote:I like it... im useless at gfx but i have this working on my xbox now "just the video dialog" as it looks great.

woe! C-Quel that is looking close! Wink I will have something to work on by the end of the work week (thurs or friday) it will be exciting to finaly see some progress on this idea.
Cool Amazing.....please don't let this skin idea slip into oblivion.
Could you put a 3d dvd box behind the poster?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Well i don't have your gfx, fonts etc... so it is the best i can do for now <hint, hint>
I just got a chubby...

Very elegant skin my friend... Excellent concept, its not just another regurgitation of another skin or plat form. (at least on the surface)

This is one I am going to be excited about!

Thanks,

Tickethead
Can I suggest (for the time being) that people dont start asking for things that may detract from theDeviL's original concept of the skin. No disrespect to anyone, but djh has not even finished taking Xephyr from alpha to beta and already people are modding it.

Again, no disrespect intended...it's a classic looking skin and I would hate to see this one 'pimped'...if you get what I mean!
MikeBeecham Wrote:Can I suggest (for the time being) that people dont start asking for things that may detract from theDeviL's original concept of the skin. No disrespect to anyone, but djh has not even finished taking Xephyr from alpha to beta and already people are modding it.

Again, no disrespect intended...it's a classic looking skin and I would hate to see this one 'pimped'...if you get what I mean!

I absolutely agree with this, I feel the skin has a very professional clean look to it, now to get it on my box.
MikeBeecham Wrote:Can I suggest (for the time being) that people dont start asking for things that may detract from theDeviL's original concept of the skin. No disrespect to anyone, but djh has not even finished taking Xephyr from alpha to beta and already people are modding it.

I agree, sometimes less is more...

I have seen many great looking skins come out lately that could have used the philosophy of "less is more"...
Sorry but I have loved this concept since you posted in the Xephyr thread.
Couldn't wait any longer.

Here's some working home screenies.

Wow they look awesome ^^. I look forward to seeing updates Nod
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fluid - a skin concept...1