• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Thread Closed
Ayala Offline
Skilled Skinner
ahh memories!!! isn't this refreshing
find
manturafs Offline
Team Razorfish
for those that don't know, 1st release is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post207270
find
ewequeone Offline
Donor
i must say, I still do really like the concept screens (specifically the homescreen) and whilst MediaStream is imho stunning, it really is a shame that they didn't stay true to the original concept.

thedevil, your conceptual work on the first page is awesome, were there any "test" versions of a skin more aligned with your concepts?
find
xb2iris Offline
Skilled Skinner
ewequeone Wrote:i must say, I still do really like the concept screens (specifically the homescreen) and whilst MediaStream is imho stunning, it really is a shame that they didn't stay true to the original concept.

thedevil, your conceptual work on the first page is awesome, were there any "test" versions of a skin more aligned with your concepts?

I totally agree... Love MediaStream to bits... but theDevil, those concepts are superb and would be an amazing release if it ever saw the light of day!
find
skunkm0nkee Offline
Team Razorfish
To be honest we actually coded most of the views from the original mockups but when it came to usability and ease of use they didn't quite feel right. Overall we've probably coded about 3 difference versions of the skin before settling on the one that is now released as MediaStream. In the end we hope we've come up with the screens and views that tie in with the aims of the project - to make a skin that looks good, is consistent, can be configured to the user's preferences, extendable and is simple and enjoyable to use.

.. and now with all the feedback we're getting we can try and improve it further Big Grin
find
xb2iris Offline
Skilled Skinner
that's why Razorfish's team are awesome... it's a working skin... not many bugs... and everything is done... so, in my opinion, all that needs do... is touching up certain pieces of the puzzle to finalize a already good product... keep up the good work!
find
scarfa Offline
Skilled Skinner
TheDevils homescreen prototype is awesome. Too bad it didn't make it into mediastream.
find
ewequeone Offline
Donor
can anyone tell me the font being used in the original concept screenshots in the first post?
find
MikeBeecham Offline
Team Plex
You'll have to speak to TheDeViL about that one mate.
find
MikeBeecham Offline
Team Plex
Due to the skin being released now, this thread is kinda defunct..please make all posts on the MediaStream threads

Cheers for the continued interest.

Peace!
find
Thread Closed