Horizon, beginnings
Hello, I've started working on this properly, so thought I'd ask and see what you all think so far.

There's loads of good skins already available, but none that are perfect for what I'd like, and so I've made some deliberate design choices in making it.

First off I wanted to make something really simple to use, and focused on playing media.

So the home menu only has a few items, that take you to the important stuff immediately.
Games/programs/settings are through the "More" menu, they're not used commonly enough to warrant being on the 1st tier.
TV and Film are different enough that they get split, instead of being just "Videos"

In a Wii stylee, I don't want text that you have to squint at to see what you're selecting, especially if you're watching from across the room on a smallish 4:3 CRT, so some biggish, high contrast text for everything.

Everyone likes wide icons, so here they are.

and DVD's are nice too, although I expect this view will change.
not bad!! it reminds me of the film4 adverts/logo!!!!
Looks nice... i like the simplicity!
and? wassup?
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
It'll be ready when it's ready Wink

I've not been able to do much work to it recently, my dev machine is a bit old, and it takes ages to go through the edit-update-preview cycle, so I'm waiting till I get a new machine - hopefully very soon - as any time I work on it now I just get really annoyed at the speed it runs at.

On a positive note, the home and TV screens are pretty much done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon, beginnings0