Google Video in Podcast2 Video Plugin
Great set of plugins all around.

My question:

I have added an RSS search feed from Google Video that has the videos as enclosures.

I added the opml to the opml files under Video Podcasts in the plugin.

I can get a listing of all the files that come through over RSS, but when I click on one it starts loading and then doesn't play. Could this be because they're .flv files, or is there another problem?

I can't find a Google Video script that works, so I put the question to you all.

Thanks.
nchall Wrote:Great set of plugins all around.

My question:

I have added an RSS search feed from Google Video that has the videos as enclosures.

I added the opml to the opml files under Video Podcass in the plugin.

I can get a listing of all the files that come through over RSS, but when I click on one it starts loading and then doesn't play. Could this be because they're .flv files, or is there another problem?

I can't find a Google Video script that works, so I put the question to you all.

Thanks.

try playing them via context menu (white button)->play using-> mplayer

dvdplayer is buggy right now
I have tried doing that and it doesn't work. Should I send you the OPML?

This is strange behavior because using the "TV Links" plugin I am able to play a file from Google Video, and in the short time I have to see the details while it is caching I can see that it is using mplayer.
nchall Wrote:I have tried doing that and it doesn't work. Should I send you the OPML?

This is strange behavior because using the "TV Links" plugin I am able to play a file from Google Video, and in the short time I have to see the details while it is caching I can see that it is using mplayer.

Maybe the google OPML is linking to the html, not the flv files?
The enclosures are .mp4 files. Maybe Google is executing a script to get them. Not sure. When I click on "enclosure" a dialog box pops up in Firefox for me to use Quicktime or VLC which leads me to believe it is the actual file. Also, I have an extension in Firefox that sends the file to XBMC to play, and when I do this a box pops up for a second on XBMC but nothing starts caching or playing.

Thanks for your help.
The MP4 url is extracted correctly. I guess it's the fault of mplayer and DVDPlayer. They seem to have problems with the urls or the video playback of those mp4, here is the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/m57da9fe
If I copy the MP4 enclosures out of this:
http://video.google.de/videofeed?type=top100new&num=10
it gives me a 404. Do we need to spoof the user agent to itunes or something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Video in Podcast2 Video Plugin0