NRKBrowser2 stopped working.
Fantastic Erlend!
It worked like a charm the on the first try, but after that it had some problems. I choose a new show and it shows the connection dialog. Then the dialog disappears and nothing happens. Speed should not be an issue...

I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. If it works like it did the first time then it's just perfect! No need for fancy GUI!
Thanx a million, works without any problems with me Big Grin
|

|
I have copied the NRKBrowser2 to the /E:/Apps/XBMC/scripts/NRKBrowser2/ catalog

when I start the scipt through xbmc it start normaly.
it download information abouth the tv shows but when i tries to xecute the show this errocode came up:

"Start Show Error
function takes at most 1 argument (2 given)"

what is wrongHuh
The last weeks this plugin has only partialy worked (the categories are shown wrong, it takes very long time to get episodes and many shows doesn't work at all), and chance for an update on this excellent plugin?
Anyone know where i can download this script now? Wanna have a whack at it and see if i can get it working again.
I would also like to find this script. A Google search for "NRKBrowser2.zip" just shows this thread and the link to the download is broken Sad

Appreciate any help Smile
hebjor Wrote:I would also like to find this script. A Google search for "NRKBrowser2.zip" just shows this thread and the link to the download is broken Sad

Appreciate any help Smile
I finally managed to download NRKBrowser2.rar via torrent. I did one test, and I was able to watch NRK.

Available for some time (probably until it gets more readily available elsewhere) at

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~berland/tmp/NRKBrowser2.rar
Thanks berland Smile

What config did you get this running on? It did not work for me on Ubuntu 8.04 32bit with latest SVN build. I got the GUI up and running, but it never finished getting data from NRK.no
hebjor Wrote:Thanks berland Smile

What config did you get this running on? It did not work for me on Ubuntu 8.04 32bit with latest SVN build. I got the GUI up and running, but it never finished getting data from NRK.no

The python code was written specifically for Windows filesystems, so I had to change how paths were concatenated. Otherwise, it was a fairly easy job to get it working as far as I remember.

This code needs cleanup, and thus needs to be hosted somewhere. Can it be uploaded to Google code? I can't find any reference to a license the code is released under, does it inherit any license?
berland Wrote:The python code was written specifically for Windows filesystems, so I had to change how paths were concatenated. Otherwise, it was a fairly easy job to get it working as far as I remember.

This code needs cleanup, and thus needs to be hosted somewhere. Can it be uploaded to Google code? I can't find any reference to a license the code is released under, does it inherit any license?

I am the author of the original script. It's not really released under any license, but you're free to use the code as you wish as long as credit is given to the different contributors. So go ahead and upload it wherever you want...

(But please add my nick SveinT ([email protected]) in the header)
xbmcscripts.com administrator
EnderW Wrote:I am the author of the original script. It's not really released under any license, but you're free to use the code as you wish as long as credit is given to the different contributors. So go ahead and upload it wherever you want...

(But please add my nick SveinT ([email protected]) in the header)

Would you mind licensing the code under the GPL-license (v2 or newer)?

(if licensing is unclear, it will limit the contributions the code can receive from the community)
NRK will probably make a new API that hopefully will be possible to use when it is ready. See http://nrkbeta.no/hva-skjer-saa-med-nrks-api/ for details (in Norwegian).

When that happens, I suppose NRKBrowser would have to be significantly rewritten (but potentially a lot better and more stable).
berland Wrote:NRK will probably make a new API that hopefully will be possible to use when it is ready. See http://nrkbeta.no/hva-skjer-saa-med-nrks-api/ for details (in Norwegian).

When that happens, I suppose NRKBrowser would have to be significantly rewritten (but potentially a lot better and more stable).

But hey, in the mean time, a Google Code upload would allow users to actually _find_[1] the script ;-)

(as xbmcscripts.com has been down ..forever..)

[1] or improve on
Not working for the moment. Browsing shows works, but no shows can be started. Probably a change in the web-pages.. (we want a stable API from NRK!)

The script is still available for download at

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~berland/tmp/NRKBrowser2.rar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NRKBrowser2 stopped working.0