• 10(current)
XBMC for Linux success stories :)
Do many people use WiFi with the aTV? a serious question as I've never done anything but wired for my media devices...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I only have 802.11g at home via a pair of the original airport express. One can never beat a wired line, there's never any issues about interference or distance away from the wireless base. Unless of course you make bad crimpsWink

That said, some users don't have a wired connection near their AppleTV location. 802.11n should work fine. My tests over 802.11g are fine too but that's with an airport express about three feet away. Wireless results are greatly dependant on distance from wireless base and local interference (microwave, cordless phones, etc).
Well, supporting it would be nice if possible I guess but the users will have to figure out how to get the blob driver onboard themselves. Bummer that is but it beats having someone bitch about distributing their stuff <sigh>
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
dr4stic Wrote:Didn't see this config listed here, so:
The only annoying thing is the 6 button remote. The IR receiver is finnicky so you can't just add another remote. I discovered a bunch of codes by painstakingly sending them out an MCE transmitter/receiver into a Harmony Remote and worked out 48 buttons I used to emulate the buttons on an MCE remote. The biggest thing I find creates a problem for me with the included apple remote is the lack of a Stop button. I think the only place this is really a problem in the interface is when watching video or listening to music. I'm planning on modifying the included default theme (Project Mayhem III) to include a "Stop" button in the OSD transport buttons to solve this.

Man, I love this thing.

Wouldn't it be possible to make a long press on play/pause mean stop?

-C-
Hardware:
  • Case: mCubed HFX Classic
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (E8400)
  • Board: ASUS P5K-E Wifi-AP
  • RAM: 4gb PC2-6400 Kingston
  • GFX: ASUS Nvidia GeForce EN8600GT Silent HTDP
  • TV: Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500

Ubuntu 8.04 (Originally Mythbuntu)
Optical Audio out hooked to Receiver. DTS/AC3 throughput works correctly.
Bought a DVI-HDMI cable, which is hooked to the TV. Didn't test HDMI sound.

After some initial problems with sound output, removing the PulseAudio driver resolved this as well. The only thing I'm still fiddling with is using my XBOX remote control with the built-in IR receiver of the case. The included MCE thingie worked out of the box but I'm too much used to the XBOX version Smile
Oh, and I couldn't get the iMON VFD (some type of LCD) of the case to work. Not a XBMC problem though. Wink

I'm really fond of the case, the only sound you hear is the disk spinning, and that's really not much. Everything is cooled passively.

Nothing to say about performance, everything is smooth as silk, even the bird scene was fluid. The MythTV plugin is working nicely so far as well, though I didn't spend too much time testing it yet.

I'm looking forward to each SVN commit, you guys rock!

Cheers,

-f3k.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy, can you post some temperatures, say, an hour into a 1080p movie. I'm considering that case but concerned about heat.
althekiller Wrote:freezy, can you post some temperatures, say, an hour into a 1080p movie. I'm considering that case but concerned about heat.

will do. but need to fix something else first.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Wow that case is awesome ! I've just read the review on silentpc. I think I may have to spare a bit more money cuz I need one of that too Laugh
350euro for that casE? damn... am i glad that my butt ugly case is hidden.
sorry about the delay, but i was just reinstalling the box and having hw problems with another box.

i started the movie around 23:40. note that it's summer and like a 30° out here. if you know how to probe gpu temp (by script), lemme know and i'll add that too.

cheers,
-freezy.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Linux success stories :)1