Noobie Question - Can anyone recommend the best things to add on to XMBC?
I've just installed XMBC and was wondering if anyone could recommend the best stuff to add to it. Such as icons, games, applications etc?

Let me know what you use and what you like!

Matt
Super Mario War, although it isn't a part of XBMC, is an excellent party game:
http://smw.72dpiarmy.com/

For icons, mediaicons.org has good ones for pretty much everything, but I'd also recommend my site (thetvdb.com) for any TV banners. The scrapers will get most of it, except for the season banners.

I'd also recommend checking out some emulators. Not sure if you need a modchip to run homebrew like emulators and Super Mario War, or if you can do it with a softmod, but emulators add so much to an Xbox. Being able to play any Nintendo game whenever you want is rad, and is also great for parties and little kids that might have trouble with more complex controllers.
You can run homebrew and emulators with a softmod (Definatley the more up to date ones anyway).

Also be sure to check out the library mode for TV (Thanks szsori) and movies.
Check out also the music library (you need to properly tag your mp3's, but it's worth the effort)
Have a look at some scripts/plugins (Apple movie trailers, TV-Links, Retro-X to name just few of the good ones)
Try out a few skins, i'd recommend Xtv and also if you have a 16:9 TV xephyr and vinci look really good (I'm on a 4:3 though Sad) to name but a few.

Shorty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noobie Question - Can anyone recommend the best things to add on to XMBC?0