<capitalize>yes</capitalize> to use uppercase (capital letters) in skins
I could really use something like in the name of this thread for buttons and labels so that you can still use the xbmc strings id for ease of people using other languages, but so that the letters will all be capitalized. Smile
Got to admit I want this one too but I think something more like this tag for labels
<case></case> with values of upper, lower, same
Maybe also the values "first" and "each" meaning first word is caps, and Each Word Is Caps .
If it's a problem you could probably get round it by using fonts that only contain upper or lower case characters?
uppercase is EVIL!
spiff Wrote:uppercase is EVIL!
O RLY? Wink
L O L Wink
haha .. nice find blittan 8>
damn if i could edit .. Smile szsori != blittan

cheerz
asciii
Smile 
I think uppercase (capital letters) are 'a must' for some skins, like for example LCARS where it should be all upcase throughout the skins for it to look good. In other skins maybe the skinner want uppercase letters only in the home menu, ...but I agree that in general for most other skins all uppcase will just look wrong.

The option would still be nice, then it would be up to the skinners.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
seeing that i'm evil that fits no Tongue
Jezz_X Wrote:Got to admit I want this one too but I think something more like this tag for labels
<case></case> with values of upper, lower, same

that sounds perfect Smile

Gamester17 Wrote:I think uppercase (capital letters) are 'a must' for some skins, like for example LCARS where it should be all upcase throughout the skins for it to look good. In other skins maybe the skinner want uppercase letters only in the home menu, ...but I agree that in general for most other skins all uppcase will just look wrong.

The option would still be nice, then it would be up to the skinners.

right, in fact, this request is actually for the LCARS skin. I joined with him to make the skin...but he hasn't made a single commit in the svn since then, so i guess i'm pretty much by myself now, which is fine with me. But yeah, in certain key areas, it would be nice to be able to use strings with all caps, such as headers perhaps, or on the home menu like you mentioned
Thumbs Up 
yes IMHO the headers for each section in a skin is another good agrument Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I believe the capitalization terminology is:

Code:
UPPER CASE
lower case
Title Case
Sentence case

So just <case> { upper | lower | title | sentence }</case> should be good. Maybe ditch sentence case?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<capitalize>yes</capitalize> to use uppercase (capital letters) in skins0