Different thumbnails for different views (banners vs. posters), support using both?
MarkTaunton Wrote:Nope just tried it with Alaska and Alaska revisted mod, using rc2, had the graphics in the folder aptly named but was no joy.
You need to enable the use of banner.jpg and landscape.jpg in the Skin settings.
That works excellently Smile

Thanks for your help
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Is there any possibility that posters and banners could co-exist independently?
I ask beacuse I like try out many views for TV Shows and after change from banners I need manually download poster Sad
I use Confluence Customized skin, and XBMC always cereate folder.jpg as default art.
It is possible to keep both files ?

fanart.jpg: series fanart
extrafanart: extra series fanart
folder.jpg: default art (can be either poster or banner)
poster.jpg: series poster
banner.jpg: wide series banner

Banner view:

After change to Poster view:

Folder structure for "Dexter"

Any help/tips appreciate.
I have often wondered this myself. It should be treated as seperates like clearlogos and fanart
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
it means that folder.jpg have priority over poster.tbn and poster.jpg
How to change it ?
Question 
Are there any plans to make XBMC able to store both a banner and a poster for a show?

Currently if you switch between banners and posters you would have to change all your images which can be a pain.

Also, if plans are underway or under consideration, what would the file structure look like? eg.

folder.jpg = poster
banner.jpg = banner

There's some other stuff floating around in the community as well, eg. clearArt, logo, landscape (which again often goes under folder.jpg). Some support from the dev team for a particular structure might help everyone standardise.
nobody knows how to change it ? Sad

Please HELP me
Would also love the feature described in this thread. I like to try out new stuff and switch skin from time to time and changing the poster/wide series banners manually series by series aint the greatest thing in the world.
There are several skins that do this. First download posters as folder.jpg files. Then download separate landscape.jpg and banner.jpg files and have them in with your media. Not all skins handle this but a lot of the popular ones do. Night and Alaska Revisited are two of the main ones. I'm currently using Cirrus Extended, which is a great mod created by Malexx and Butchabay that supports this and many other great features.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I agree, it would be nice. I think the current formats are

folder.jpg or poster.jpg for posters
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg
clearart.png
logo.png

Some of these image formats haven't been around too long, but do seem to be catching on very fast. Just about all the skins made since their inception seem to incorporate some or all of them in some way.
And if you use one of the skins that support banners, etc you don't even need to download them separately as there's now an add-on that'll do it for you.
htpc guy Wrote:There are several skins that do this. First download posters as folder.jpg files. Then download separate landscape.jpg and banner.jpg files and have them in with your media. Not all skins handle this but a lot of the popular ones do. Night and Alaska Revisited are two of the main ones. I'm currently using Cirrus Extended, which is a great mod created by Malexx and Butchabay that supports this and many other great features.

"Cirrus Extended" looks pretty nice Smile

It is possible to add this feature to Confluence ?
I can try myself but I don't know where to start Sad

Hitcher Wrote:And if you use one of the skins that support banners, etc you don't even need to download them separately as there's now an add-on that'll do it for you.

what I the name of this addon ?

many thanks for all answers
here is similar post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post701378

Confluence skin (MOD Customizable) Banner view:

After change to Poster view:

It is possible to add this feature to Confluence ?
I have a folder.jpg, landscape.jpg and banner.jpg

Keeps me mostly covered when I swap skins / views, but I prefer landscape in TV Views, and regular poster/folder in Movies.
castortray Wrote:what I the name of this addon ?

script.logo-downloader but if you get one of these skins then it should automatically installed at the same time, then it's just a case of looking in the skin options for the 'CLICK to download banner, landscape, logo images' button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different thumbnails for different views (banners vs. posters), support using both?2