Android Trying to re-create anime menu on Shield
That's the best I could come up with. Actually displaying the movies on the same level as shows doesn't seem possible. The only other work-around I can think of would be to just make each movie a single-episode "show", but that probably won't be any better.
Yeah....

Did you catch the edit I made to the previous post? I think the best way would be to edit Transparency to enable a fourth custom menu item for "anime movies". I've tried a number of way to do this, but nothing seems to work.
Okay! I've come come up with a solution! All you need to do is install the aniDB scraper! Not the official crappy one that can't display both banner art and posters at the same time! The modded one! The modded one doesn't have the issues that official one does, and since it uses aniDB to scrape, that means you can set both series and movies to the "tv series" type and get them to appear together! Only issue is there's no banners since both TVDB and MoveDB don't have banner art for anime movies. For some reason 5cm Per Second does, no ides where it's getting the banner from.

Is it possible to "nest" series in Kodi? Now that I'm using the aniDB scraper, series that would normally be counted as season 1 and season 2 are being counted as two separate series. Which I actually prefer, but it does mean there's two separate entries both with the same banner art. I thought the solution would be to put them both in a folder and tell Kodi that this folder doesn't contain a single series. This works for file view, but playlist view still shows them separately. Any solutions?
Nice!

As for nesting, I've just gotten used to selectively changing the scraper for certain shows, at the specific show-folder level.

What's really nice is that Kodi v16 has the ability to rename seasons, so you can even use it to combine two technically-different shows that are under the same franchise (a poor-man's movie sets for TV shows).
What do you mean by "selectively changing the scraper for certain shows"? Do you change the main folder to a different media type or something? Yeah, I just discovered you can rename series, this was another feature I had been wanting. I've also found that Kodi can pull banner images from fanart.tv, which is where some of my movie banners are coming from. There's not many though, I guess it's time to submit a few of my own!
I leave the main folder to whichever scraper works more often, then I go to the specific TV show folder and change the "set content" settings on that folder specifically. Kodi let's you mix scrapers on a per-show level. Any show not specifically set will fall back to using the scraper set on the main folder.
Hmmm, I tried setting the main folder to "none" and the two series to "TV series", but this still results in Kodi showing the two series separately one after the other. And setting a show to "movie" of course ends up removing it from my playlist since it's a TV series playlist...
What I mean is, set your main folder to use the AniDB (mod) scraper, then set the other ones to the TVDB scraper. AniDB will give different show IDs to the different seasons (depending on the show), while TVDB normally uses one ID for a given show, even if it has multiple seasons/series. I normally also merge the two series in one show folder, and number them as different seasons, even if the season names are going to be changed later on.

For example, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Stay Zero, I put them in a single "Fate/Stay" folder and then number them however TVDB does. Once scanned in, I rename the seasons so they look like two different shows under the same "Fate/Stay" entry. I then choose a neutral poster for the main entry and use specific posters for the two different series. Sometimes I even take an extra step and use a custom nfo file to change the episode summary so that it mentions both series (I normally only show poster view for the TV level, so I normally skip that step).

I just noticed that's actually a bad example. TVDB used to list all of the fate/stay's as one entry, but now they separated them out with different IDs. However, you get the basic idea :)
Hmmm, that works, thanks! Though in that case, it seems to me like the better idea would be to set TVDB for all anime series...

Are you able to get the fanart.tv banners to automatically appear for your anime movies? One of them has for me, but many aren't, despite there being banners available on the website.
Honestly, I haven't really looked at banners in a while. I'm normally in poster view. I'm away from my home library at the moment, but I'll check when I get it set up again.
Cool thanks. I'm guessing I could simply copy the banner art I want to the movie's folder and Kodi will use it, but automatic would be nice...

Hmmm, I'm still having issues with my specials. Changing the scraper to TVDB does indeed make a "specials" folder, which they're in. But for some reason, they're also appearing in the "season 1" folder too! Where is the setting to disable this?
I'm not sure if there is a GUI setting. You can generate an NFO file that excludes the tags that place specials in-line with normal episodes, though that might be very time consuming. Normally specials are only placed in-line when they appear that way chronologically in the story, or if a special came with a DVD/BR for a specific season.
It's probably that, I've got the animated commentary for Oreimo appearing after the actual episode, so someone probably thinks they should be together. Annoying though, since they make a second appearance in the "specials" section too...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to re-create anime menu on Shield0