PlayStation3 (PS3) bluetooth remote and LIRC?
Meno if you use BDremote you only need to pair it once and it supports timeout. There is a little delay as the connection is re-established.

The hard part is getting it to work. Works for me, your millage may vary.
well i cant get the blooming program to work.

bdremote-0.2 just dosnt do squat and ive followed all the guides i can fine (even ones in NORWEGIAN! i cant read norwegian)

im running full fat ubuntu jaunty 9.04.
Bluetooth dongle is a Microsoft Trans. v3. (orignally from wireless presenter mouse 8000 then using MS software to change the dongle to "hardware mode" although i still see the mouse in proc/bus/input/devices)

to get the dongle to even start i had to run;
hciconfig hci0 reset

in /etc/ro.local

now i have libbluetooth-dev installed but when i go to make bdremote-0.2 it gives me...
bdremoted.c: In function ‘main’:
bdremoted.c:138: warning: ignoring return value of ‘nice’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

and i cant get any output from irw. i even tried pakojones's way (http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50717) and i can get the remote to connect but then it wont output to cat /proc/bus/input/devices

the only way i can get a device in cat /proc/bus/input/devices i have to manually connect via hidd --connect.

then i dont get
H: Handlers=kbd event8

but
H: Handlers=event8
Haven't experienced your make problems before, though I think I read somewhere that newer ubuntu's or libbluetooth-dev maybe incompatible. I'm running on Hardy.

In post #43 is part of a init.d script to get it working. Remember to pair it once.
Will this work with the controllers too?

**NEWBIE**

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayStation3 (PS3) bluetooth remote and LIRC?0