How to stop kodi auto updating to jarvis
I'm having to run 15.2 due to jarvis not liking a few addons I use. Specifically menu shortcuts to them from the front page.

All works fine with 15.2 so I have installed that, set everything up the way I like it and then the next day I notice kodi has updated to Jarvis annoyingly. I have searched Google and can only come across how to stop addons auto updating. What is the solution to this?
Turn off auto updates in Android, where to do that may be different depending on the device.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Don't install from playstore. Get apk from kodi site and sideload it. You need app to be signed with key differerent than play store version.

Honestly, I have no idea if apks download from kodi site has the same key as play store version. If so, you will need to sign apk by yourself with other key (pretty easy)
It seems like as soon as you download it once from the app store, it keeps monitoring if the app is installed. Tinwarble is right. Just remember when you turn off auto updates, you should check the play store every few days for updates.... just don't update all!
(2016-08-22, 00:05)giaur Wrote: Honestly, I have no idea if apks download from kodi site has the same key as play store version. If so, you will need to sign apk by yourself with other key (pretty easy)

I'm afraid they both have the same key indeed.
I already suggested to the release manager to use different keys for this kind of situation...
(2016-08-26, 07:57)Koying Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 00:05)giaur Wrote: Honestly, I have no idea if apks download from kodi site has the same key as play store version. If so, you will need to sign apk by yourself with other key (pretty easy)

I'm afraid they both have the same key indeed.
I already suggested to the release manager to use different keys for this kind of situation...

Will play store check that my Android OS is 4.X.X and refuse to install Kodi 17?

If not what will happen?
(2016-08-26, 08:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: Will play store check that my Android OS is 4.X.X and refuse to install Kodi 17?

Yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop kodi auto updating to jarvis0