Apple Movie Trailers cache storage location change?
(i don't know whether the xbmc team codes this or not so if they don't please don't flame me)... I think it would be more efficient if you could set a custom folder directory for your apple movie trailers script data. I usually update my xbmc weekly and copy over my userdata and since the apple movie trailers script data is stored in the userdata folder it takes forever to copy because the mass amount of long file name's for url's and images (and in my case downloaded trailers)... I would like to set a permanent location such as E:/script data/apple movie trailers/ or something like that...
if you manually edit the script (default.py) you'll see where Userdata/script_data is named. Simply change it to what/where you want it and off you go Wink
now i feel like a douche... sorry for the noobish question... just kind of assumed it would be harder than that...
if i can change it in default.py i couldn't figure out where to change it... could you please explain?
i figured it out...

I edited the utilities.py file under \resources\lib\ and changed the T to an E in this line:

BASE_DATA_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( "T:\\script_data", __scriptname__ ) )

to

BASE_DATA_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( "E:\\script_data", __scriptname__ ) )

this only changes the path for the cached files from Q:\Userdata\script_data\Apple Movie Trailers\.cache
to E:\script_data\Apple Movie Trailers\.cache
OK, is that a yes I got it or a request for further information... once changed rerun the script doing the full rebuild of the database and then you should be safe to kill the apple folder from script_data.
It's a yes i got it but i'm not sure if it's the way that you were trying to explain it to me... all i really wanted to change was the cache location so what i did worked for me but it would still be cool if you could set the cache location from within the script itself. (I have multiple profiles so keeping the settings.txt and the .db file in userdata makes using different script settings from profile to profile easy. Both profiles use the same cache location so this works well. One last question... I assumed T:\ = the userdata folder of your currently running xbmc dashboard but didn't understand what P:\ stands for (or any of the other letters besides c,d,e,f, and q)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Movie Trailers cache storage location change?0