• 3(current)
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream
Thats true, but I'm also aware that the people with the most experience are the very people that have time constraints of thier own (thinking about Jezz_X, etc)..so it might be a case of all hands on deck for a while?
Now Gamester...you're a canny Project Manager types....fancy a chat over a coffee about the project?
MikeBeecham Wrote:Now Gamester...you're a canny Project Manager types....fancy a chat over a coffee about the project?
sure, e-mail me
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Im in for the long run as long as I like the concept and its directed towards making 720P look better and more functional and better though about mouse as a control scheme.. as Im forward looking.

Also as with anything I do I will run a lot of test stuff but for me all issues must be addressed with the concept before you start doing it (as you will get to them, and need to know a work around, or to leave it out), a big knoweldge of skinning and SVN here is essentual I can also be the bad guy and tell you issues that will arrise with the current skinning engine, its very powerfull but does have some limitions. If you want to MSN me im willing to talk about stuff anytime, I have actually been working daily on this stuff and lately ive been developing a new way forward for me... have no issues helping or handing the stuff over but if not ill continue playing around for myself.

Good luck Nod

I can submit patchs for basic additions to what is in the SVN, but for any big stuff JM great skills would be a massive help as hes the real GUI guru and can often make a work around become a feature.
Ok, this is great news...

If I can do a quick catch up for the moment. These are the people that have (so far) expressed an interest in being part of the whole thing, helping out in small capacities, or just plain happy to chat about the project. If I have forgotten anyone then let me know:

BritneysPairs
MacGyver
C-Quel
Mantis
JustMeD
Skunkmonkee
Garage Battle
Gamester (advice, etc)
timdog82001
Aenima99x
blittan (python support if needed)
esOsO
Broads
Reginald
JMarshall
theDeviL
Syph0nm
grrowl
Manturafs
Wir3d

In an effort to put some meat on the bones, I think it would be prudent to give this another week to allow people to see the forum, decide what part they can pay, then make contact. I have also left a PM for theDeviL to see if we can use Fluid as a basis for the new skin. Therefore, I suggest that look at moving forward on the project from 15th October.

Again, if anyone else is interested in coming into the project then you are more than welcome. Please dont think that you cant contribute because you dont have the experience, etc etc. I would gladly give my right arm for someone who can work on a small part of the project, than someone wbho cant. Even if you have limited experience, then I'm sure you helping out on a small section will come as great relief to someone who is doing a lot...it all helps at the end of the day.

So, let me know...either email or PM is fine.

Cheers
if you still need help, i'll probably be interested in helping out when I get back from Spain. That's not till December 10th though
timdog...this project is more of a half-marathon than a 100 metre sprint. Could you drop me a pm with what you could do (Sorry, but I dont recognise your name) and I'll add you to the list now.

Thanks for the support mate.
Guys, I respect very much the work I have seen on this site over the last few years. I am a MCE junky, and I love the feel and smoothness of the Microsoft interface...its just that good.

I have nearly no developmental skills, but I do pride myself in interface design and layout. I would love to assist in brainstorming for an interface design. Here is something I saw yesterday that struck me as interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SInVzXdQ_sQ
Garage....would you perhaps consider being put on the list? The more the merrier at this stage, even if it is in terms of brainstorming the finished design concept? I like the simplicity of the Zune 2 interface. No real images, but VERY clear use of typography.
I just like to add that I am more that happy to assist with giving advice and so on, but I would not like act like a project manager or project leader of this skin, (sorry but I got too many things on my plate at this time).

I too would like to nominate Mike as "project manager" for this skin, it is after all his brainchild.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Gamester...that being the case I will need all the help I can get Wink

I did want to address something that was included in a PM to me recently. I am aware that this is a purely voluntary project and, therefore, there will be no pushing people to meet deadlines or anything silly like that. I guess my thinking is along the lines of getting as many people involved as possible which means that more people do less (if that makes sense). I am very aware that REAL LIFE must take first place in these things. There would never be a situation where the tasks required would be dictated as of a greater priority than RL stuff. This is all a hobby to us, and should remain so.
Mike - I don't have any coding experience, but I am a network engineer. I'm more than happy to help out if possible - I could definitely help with testing the skin.
Aenima99x - You're name has been added to the list. Thanks for the vote of support and the offer of help. One thing (probably more than anything else) we will need toward the end are testers. Also, dont underestimate what help you could be to the project, going forward...

...we quite often have hidden talents!
Hi Mike, I offer my support as tester. Hope to provide useful ideas.
Sure put me on the list. Id love to see what could be done with this project. One of my biggest peevs so far with XBMC is that the controls, even with the dvd remote, arent as simplistic and solid through all the menus. I would love to see dedicated ok and back buttons for everything.

Ill keep digging into interfaces and pull out the best aspects of each.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream2